Invacar MK12 - New owner Mrs 6Cyl

egg

To be fair, i see what you mean about Better and worse, looks a lot more complete that i was expecting from the initial pics and for the most part, what's there is in better condition than it seemed on the pics at the yard, but my word.... what's obviously broken is VERY broken.

This will be an epic restoration.

Well bought,

Woo!

indeed apart from the obviously broken bits, the rest of it looks to be in pretty good shape! (glad to see the missing chunk from the back is there too)

is there any VIN plate or chassis numbers anywhere?

love how it came to you still with bits of tree on the inside too :mrgreen:

there is one thing to note with invacars they always clean up very well even if they look like hell to start with :) (Look at TWC or TPA when they where still sitting in the field for examples there)

glad to see there vin plate is still there :) maybe if you shine a light at funny angles on the VIN plate you might be able to make something out? :)

there may also be a chassis number on the chassis somewhere but im not sure where the location is on a Mk12, 

all in all 

lqKlotB.png

(you can update your sig now too  :mrgreen: )

We'll bought! I bought a second hand Villiers engine from the remains of an Invacar in an allotment in Sheffield back in the very early 80's. This is certainly better, but I bet DW is thinking his is immaculate now.

I'll be watching progress, Santa Pod and an Autoshite drag race ???

Well, well, well. Quite a day. 

Question, how do you replace an A-pillar? 

I was pleasantly surprised to be handed the front windscreen from the driver has he jumped out the cab, and also relatively stoked to find the engine cover tucked beside the seat. Less happy to find the rear screen missing, and well that A-pillar, shall we just not talk about it?

The wheels are, unsurprisingly, seized solid, so it just had to be pushed off the trailer and into the garage. Maybe task 1, is to get those wheels off (one does look very rusty indeed) and see what we can do to get them turning. 3 new tyres of course needed too.

Boy, it is a crude machine, but I'm really pleased to own it. Bizarre to look under the lid and see just one driveshaft (yes, this is a 1 wheel drive vehicle...).

The VIN plate has suffered badly from the lack of door - illegible at the moment. I'm thinking of using autosol metal polish on it? What do you think?

The Polish driver was amused, and regaled us with tales of similar vehicles in Poland (Russian built? I'm afraid I wasn't taking much in).

The engine does look pretty complete, as we thought from the original pictures - the spark plug is still in place. 

Not sure what more to say at the moment. I'm equally flummoxed and excited!

really cool that you got a windscreen :) (especially as i was thinking maybe someone in the past smashed the wind screen and put a rope round the A pillar to drag it about hence snapping it off)

being one wheel drive like that I wonder how badly they pull to 1 side under heavy acceleration... (well as heavy as you can get with a 197cc engine...)

the russians indeed had something, called the "invalidka", however they just looked like a shrunken 3 box saloon car

id be a bit worried about attacking the vin plate straight away with polish for fear of rubbing anything off, on the Model 70 at least however, all the important numbers are stamped :)