Invacar MK12 - New owner Mrs 6Cyl

egg

Well the courier exists, I didn't have time to call him, but we've exchanged texts to confirm payment arrangements and I've asked him to give me notice as I live 6 miles away from my lock-up.

I've had my buyers remorse already, got that out the way - you know I'm throwing away my money/are there better ones to have bought/I bet it just sits in my garage etc etc.

And now, the stage is set. The build-up is complete. I can only disappoint you.

Do you actually have any idea what needs to be done to it or is this really a completely blind purchase?

Virtually blind apart from the slightly out of focus camera phone shots that were supplied to Dez. At the very least I reckon: new door, new windscreen, new engine heat shield, A-pillar fix, rear valance fix, Engine re-commissioning, rust treatment, brake replacement/rebuild, re-wire, registration with DVLA, complete new floor etc etc. It could be an absolute disaster - but i'm going to try to hold on to the 'spirit of Hubnut' when it arrives.

Good luck for tomorrow!

At least the weather is a bit milder now (here at least) so hopefully the Mondeo won't mind too much being turfed out of the garage.

Thanks. Indeed, although there is dampness front and rear inside the Mondy - sighs - TADTS - but could be condensation from garage storage. My list of Mondeo jobs is also long and expensive, lol.

Why is everyone saying this is epic because if that's the case then we're all doomed or have very low standards.

Now flying to far flung foreign country to drive 1000s of miles back in a car that you've only seen pics of is what I would describe as epic not buying a car and organising delivery from a comfy armchair,

Now once the car arrives and the work starts then that could well turn epic so I look forward to a future epic return to the road, good luck and I can't wait to see the pics once its arrived and assessed.

Why is everyone saying this is epic because if that's the case then we're all doomed or have very low standards.

Now flying to far flung foreign country to drive 1000s of miles back in a car that you've only seen pics of is what I would describe as epic not buying a car and organising delivery from a comfy armchair,

Now once the car arrives and the work starts then that could well turn epic so I look forward to a future epic return to the road, good luck and I can't wait to see the pics once its arrived and assessed.

the fact that he is even taking this on is well and truly epic! it can only get more epic from there!  :mrgreen:

Wasn't he known for having a rather rapid invalid carriage after having popped into the factorys racing department?

It was his cousin, for whom Bert started building Invacars in the first place, that had the reputation for always having 'lairy' examples. He must have been chuffed to bits when the Model 70 came along!