Invacar MK12 - New owner Mrs 6Cyl

egg

came across this and figured it might help :)

post-25614-0-84457300-1550719575_thumb.jpg

a picture of a slightly less faded/worn set of controls in a Mk12, with some of the markings still legible :)

(I noticed the cool little courtesy lamp, looks like a Lightbulb in some sort of steam punk suit of armour :mrgreen: ) 

Probably got a few kg of fibreglass to donate

Thanks! Another kind offer among a few on this thread. Appreciated.

Well, one D-day of a sort arrives, in that I sent off the V62 with a covering letter just now to apply for a V5. I spoke to the DVLA as well, but that added nothing I didn't already know, so went straight to the application.

LBF's ever diligent sleuthing (thanks, chap) leads me to believe that no more info about this vehicle will be forthcoming. So time for Swansea to do as they will.

post-20084-0-09699700-1550745100_thumb.jpg

came across this and figured it might help :)

attachicon.gifDSC_5349_1280x848.jpg

a picture of a slightly less faded/worn set of controls in a Mk12, with some of the markings still legible :)

(I noticed the cool little courtesy lamp, looks like a Lightbulb in some sort of steam punk suit of armour :mrgreen: ) 

Thanks, I'll try and unbolt the little light for cleaning next time I'm over there.

very cool and exciting stuff on the V62!

did you include some photos of the vehicle and its VIN plate? 

I hope there able to unearth its original registration/ID/V5 :)

On the controls I noticed your Mk12c has an extra slidable knob thingy thats not in the picture I shared, I wonder what its for...

I bought one of those wrenches(albeit new made-in-China from Moss) to adjust the brakes on the MG.

It's one of those tools that I did without for a long time, mostly using a 1/4" open-end wrench to adjust them. Even though mine are free and I run them in and out a couple of times a year to keep them that way, I feel a LOT better doing it with a proper wrench.

I totally didn't spend about 15 minutes trying to get the offside rear wheel back on TP the day I got the new tyres because I'd left the spanner on the brake adjuster...turns out it just stops the wheel going on...

Eventually I remembered adjusting the brakes earlier in the day and realised my idiocy.

Good work. With the brake shoe adjusters, be sure to remove the adjuster and slap plenty of grease/copper slip on the screw threads. Loads of cars used them and they like to seize up, I had this trouble on the Allegro but a little attention has kept them free.

The good news is that the adjuster tool fits, the bad news is that if I apply any kind of pressure it will just snap. So more lubricant added, and will try again another day.

post-20084-0-69704300-1551015695_thumb.jpg

Maybe I just need to take the wheel off. And amazingly, all the wheel nuts on this side loosened quite easily*, so next time I'm over there, will jack up somehow and remove this wheel.

post-20084-0-06239800-1551015786_thumb.jpg

No other fasteners would give me the time of day, so cosmetic time, and an hour with G101 and waterless cleaner, saw a big improvement.

post-20084-0-06705600-1551015866_thumb.jpg

post-20084-0-08103700-1551015898_thumb.jpg

This is how it arrived, so progress there

post-20084-0-26661400-1551015950_thumb.jpg

Was just going to give up and go home, but thought I'd give the plug another try....hooray!

post-20084-0-60283300-1551015999_thumb.jpg

Er, why are you using a torque wrench as a breaker bar?

Cos I don't have anything better!

This is all that's left of the washer fluid bottle, the rest is in plastic shards.

post-20084-0-44236700-1551020006_thumb.jpg

Moss do a replica...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-CAR-TUDOR-WINDSCREEN-WASHER-BOTTLE-AND-CAP-MG-TRIUMPH-MINI-GWW918K/172392846442

s-l1600.jpg

But any old bottle would do I expect!

hope you stuffed something in the hole so crap cant fall into the engine? :)

Yup, I did.

post-20084-0-06239800-1551015786.jpg

I hope this torque wrench isn't been used to undo the nuts!? :o:?

Unless you don't care about that one being accurate anymore?

I'm afraid it has. It's old, cost a few pounds, the head always falls out and I had it set on 100.  I have a newer low range one (useful for many Zetec bits) that I would not do this to!

I have to say I’m a huge advocate and fan of using tools beyond their original design remit.

Yes, it’d be lovely to have an anally arranged full compliment of tools; laid out to clearly identify your place on the spectrum - but there’s very little more satisfying than doing something with a cross headed screwdriver that was supposed to be done with a knife. (!)

Anyway, dreadful choice of car. They terrified me then and confuse me now. Again - this is what I come here for. Well done!