Invacar MK12 - New owner Mrs 6Cyl

egg

I think those lights are held together with two screws which go through from the lens side. Get these out (good luck) and you'll be able to pull the bulb holder away from the rubber mounting, revealing the two wires, which will be crimped in bullet connectors and pushed in. At least one will be at 90 degrees so no hope of getting them out by yanking them out without breaking the wires unfortunately.

I have a square-head brake adjusting spanner I can post to you if you get stuck?

Vehicle wiring products are your friends for bullet connectors http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/section.php/72/1/non-insulated-terminals , although I've removed them from the rear of the Defender as 25 year + bullets are one of my many sources of bad earths and poor connections, and replaced with fresh insulated spades and terminal blocks. Probably overkill for an Invacar...

P1020720.JPG

Do the yard have any idea of the reg number at all? It would probably help.

Afraid not.

I've bronze brushed and vingered the air filter in an attempt to do another free temporary fix*, although a new one will be bought should this project succeed!

post-20084-0-62680200-1550496689_thumb.jpg

In all honesty, a new one will be needed, this is just going to suck rust into the carb.

I've been having a think about this, given that LBF is pulling together every invicar photo on the net and these appear to have been registered sequentially from the factory can you find a photo of a reg number that has a chassis number close to yours and hit the regchecker site going up or down till you find yours (or not) that's assuming the chassis number will come up on the blueprint site.

I really can't promise anything,but there's a chance if I can get hold of him I might go visit Mr Cyphus in the near future,if so,I will jot down your chassis number,as I'm 99% certain he retained the archive he had built up over 20 years.

Thanks, that may well be the quickest way, and I appreciate that there are no promises. I'm grateful for the tentative offer.

whats the blueprint site? I love me a good car checker to abuse with various weird vehicle regs  :mrgreen:

WOO 976F is a known Mk12 and I think that has the chassis number 88011 if that helps (well stuart says "and thats car 88011" )

edit: im also aware of JBY503J however that mk12 looks to have lost its original reg and got issued an age related plate (if you put in say 504 or 502 you get other cars registered in 2005)

whats the blueprint site? I love me a good car checker to abuse with various weird vehicle regs  :mrgreen:

WOO 976F is a known Mk12 and I think that has the chassis number 88011 if that helps (well stuart says "and thats car 88011" )

edit: im also aware of JBY503J however that mk12 looks to have lost its original reg and got issued an age related plate (if you put in say 504 or 502 you get other cars registered in 2005)

Thanks - Can someone find the VIN for WOO 976F or JBY503J please?!

very cool :)

NNO246C and PEV627D are 2 more that I know of however they aint been "active" Tax wise since the 1980s but do show up on the system... (AFAIK both still exist today however)

(LOL at the INVACARE, iv had various electronic devices try and auto correct invacar to invacare but they soon learned better :) )

Thanks Rusty Rocket.

That is good and bad news.

Good news - the VIN is simply the chassis number - 5 numbers and so mine is in the correct format, 2nd good news - a 1970 has a 'higher' VIN than my 1967

Bad news - searching for my VIN reveals nothing on the DVLA site (LanciaMatt)

Alternatively - I could just write to DVLA with my chassis and say give us a number M8s - preferably something I can turn into a name :-)

I think the official* recording of these vehicles was probably very hit n miss, even back in the day.  Nowadays, it's likely to not make much sense at all...

For example, PEV627D has the chassis number B4951.

I reckon if there's no records left, you should get an age related plate quite easily* with help from the club.  Good luck!

I think the official* recording of these vehicles was probably very hit n miss, even back in the day.  Nowadays, it's likely to not make much sense at all...

For example, PEV627D has the chassis number B4951.

I reckon if there's no records left, you should get an age related plate quite easily* with help from the club.  Good luck!

Little bit of light sleuthing later and looky what iv found :)

post-25614-0-15431100-1550521753_thumb.jpg

tis the vin plate for PEV627D :)