Servicing a Rav4

VWPowered

actually very well, was a 14mm bolt :lol: but ruddy tight access to the diesel filter, owners happy so am i :)

Good, glad it went well :)Yeah i wasn't too sure about the sump plug because all new or fairly new plastic cars these days are going more towards them sump key things Hope you changed the copper washer on the sump plug ! :lol:

Yeah i wasn't too sure about the sump plug because all new or fairly new plastic cars these days are going more towards them sump key things

Are we talking about the Rav4 or the Little Tykes car? :lol:
haha the Rav4 All new cars are tacky and plastic, hate the way they have gone.No propper mechanical hands on these days Just plug it into a diagnosis machine and change afew codes or order a new expensive plastic part that can be made for alot less/ rant over :oops:

Yeah i wasn't too sure about the sump plug because all new or fairly new plastic cars these days are going more towards them sump key things

What possible benefit do these have?
So the likes of you and I can't service them, and you have to take it to a garage... well thats the idea anyway.

So the likes of you and I can't service them, and you have to take it to a garage... well thats the idea anyway.

very true like mercedes you have to takje the top spec ones to them cos you cant get the caliphers off :x half the reason why i wont own a new car...

I think one of the worst for this is the Audi A2, IIRC the bonnet is sealed, so you can't actually open it, you access all the services, water/dipstick/screenwash through the front grille that flips down..

I don't think they're sealed - they're just designed so tightly that you can't actually get at anything in the engine bay without three elbows and a triple-jointed wrist.Hence moving all the stuff to the 'girlie flap' at the front for ease of daily running. It's actually quite a good idea, have you ever tried to explain to your mum/nan/granddad/whoever where the screenwash goes in whatever modern eurobox they have over the phone?

Ah, access does look limited with the bonnet removed.They apparently do mega MPG, guess thats down to the light weight. Although looking about you can pick up an A8 for less money :twisted: