2003 C70 2.0t GT auto.

Tetleysmooth

This is now sold to a fellow shiter.

Only I, in true autoshite fashion, could buy a floppy at the start of October, run it all through winter, and then sell it at the start of spring. Doh !!

I did question my sanity yesterday driving it down to the meet with the fellow shiter, as it drove so well and really didn't miss a beat. But, the lure of another V70 2.5 turbo spurred me on. I'm definitely an estate person.

So, me and said fellow shiter arrived at the meeting place at 10.30, kicked the tyres on the C70 and generally hung around for half an hour for the V70 to arrive. I didn't know what to expect to be honest, but when it finally arrived, it sold itself straight away. It literally purred into the car park. I thought the V70 was going to be a heap of cack to be honest, as I was buying from a small time dealer/scrapper, but no. It's had all new tyres, new brakes all round, cambelt service and a new screen. One of the only things that lets it down a tad are the door cards. It's got the usual lift to the doorcard coverings where the adhesive has failed. Usual for Volvos of this era.

It drove back to Rainham exceptionally well. It may be my imagination, but it seems so much quicker that my old V70 2.5 turbo. Really, like shit off a stick. So far, I'm very happy, but I've yet to start it from cold, so we'll see. I have every confidence.

Apologies to my fellow shiter. I would have liked to have spent more time chatting etc, but I was trying to juggle a sale and a purchase at the same time. I was also dog bloody tired for some reason, so was Mrs Tet. But anyway, It was great to meet you and your good lady, and I hope the C70 serves you well. It should do, it's a Volvo after all.

More about the 'new' V70 later.

By the way, I can recommend the all day breakfast brunch in Morrisons store, Strood, Kent. Two of everything, plus chips, tomato and mushrooms for £4.75. Excellent quality food too.

Just a few pics for now. None of the interior just yet.

post-5359-0-38308900-1550665461_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-84294200-1550665512_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-62767900-1550665354_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-50401400-1550665558_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-23930200-1550665635_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-22296200-1550666123_thumb.jpg

It really needs a bloomin' good polish, it has light scratches and other marks in the paint.

I've ordered a litre bottle of Autoglym Super Resin polish. That should do the job.

Other inconveniences are the courtesy lights not working, and the rear wash/wipe not working.

Other than that, it's going to be a fine old V70.

It started right up this morning with no hesitation.

Nice to meet you, Mr Smooth, floppy top is behaving herself......insured it today, and is bizarrely cheaper to insure than an 18 plate Fabia..........!

Col, if you haven't taxed it yet, be careful mate, I posted the reg document off today.

There was only one time it was hard to start. I suspected the antenna ring on the ignition switch, so I replaced that. All good.