Sell me some cheap small shite

Saabnut

I find myself in need* of a cheap small runabout for a few months whilst my Saab undergoes a refresh. Basically it must have a minimum of about 6 months MOT and be reliable. Ideally it will be small, cheap to run and have a reasonable ground clearance. Who am I trying to kid, I really fancy a C15 van, but typically there does not seem to be any cheap ones about. I do not care about cosmetics, small faults etc. I would prefer quirky, but realistically will consider anything, especially if I have not had one before. I do not want something too good, whilst I am happy to fettle and try to keep going, if something major goes wrong I do not want to feel guilty about bridging it. The plan would be to keep it going and move it on later, but do not want to feel obligated.

So, what shite do you want rid of in the bargain bucket division?

Give Lee at Banchory car centre a shout. He's on here but I forget his username. He often has cheap chod trade ins I'm sure he'd be happy to see go to another shiter for not a huge amount

Thanks, I buy most of my chod from Lee (Kinkersaab) and will indeed be visiting him, but it is luck of the draw whether there is anything in.

The other cars offered above are far too good for what I need, I would object to bridging them if it came to it and I would end up with another project.

How about a freelander? I've just fitted a fresh VCU, although there is still a bearing noise on the rear drive train. It holds temperature is stable and it has had a headgasket.

I've got the horn for that Merc ML just now...

Drop me a pm, I can put it in for an not as I think it runs out in May?

Thanks for the kind offer of a loan car, but my track takes it toll and I could easily end up with another project.

I am starting to sound like an ungrateful fussy bastard when the reality is I am anything but! As long as it is really cheap and preferably small, anything would do.

Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi any use?  Ticket 'til April, needs* some minor fettling (either the alternator or a pulley is whining, but I have recently had a new pulley fitted and new belt), running well, recent work carried out by tame garage, £250.

It's sorned in Nottingham in my good lady's private car park.

Scary, you're in Consett, right?

(If Saabnut doesn't want it,) how much for the C2 if you put a fresh ticket on it?

I have a brother in North Yorkshire, he needs something like that in his life.

I'll get a look at it tomorrow but it's unlikely to be expensive!

Nick i have a punto here. Mot measured in weeks but wont need much*. I was set to go south on a collection that never happened. So its full of fuel. Red 03 plate thing with about 60k scrapes and bashes and used as a kennel for our dogs when we had vistors over the festivities. £150