Automotive Unicorns

TheClutchBasketPodcast

Only 21 Ambassadors left according to HML.

Never really justified the development costs for its 18 months run, only really caused by the delays to Maestro and Montego.

The AA Drive and Trail magazine from 1982 that has been passed around a few shiters now features some Ambassadors that were registered in November 1981.

This makes me wonder if the Ambassador was originally intended to be launched earlier than it was.

Tell you what I haven’t seen or heard of for ages...

Nissan Sunny coupe.

post-18217-0-05150500-1549189784_thumb.jpeg

A mate used to have one years ago that I turned down buying off him... I regret that now!

My folks had a saloon in Spirit edition with a corduroy interior...

I love how widespread my older Flickr photos are now! Funny story with that one, I had to spot it twice as some prick stole my camera at Putney station the first time round.

I also nearly bought a Sunny Coupe, but the owner sold it before I got to view it. Typically it's now been on and off various sales sites with the wheeler dealer who got it.

I think lots of harlequins probably got sprayed one colour after sitting on a forecourt for a few months.

A mate used to work for a VW dealer at the time and that's what often happened if the place had a bodyshop onsite! He said they used to take them (under 2 years old at the time) in p/ex for a miserably small amount of money, tidy them up, put 'em on the forecourt, if they didn't move in two months, they got re-sprayed in a colour of the first interested parties choice. 

Tell you what I haven’t seen or heard of for ages...

Nissan Sunny coupe.

9D2CA23A-C20A-414D-9815-7836B61FFDC8.jpeg

A mate used to have one years ago that I turned down buying off him... I regret that now!

My folks had a saloon in Spirit edition with a corduroy interior...

I took my driving test in one of those.

Talking of Unicorns, I don't know if you saw this on XJ40.com, but someone has found the Saturn orange Daimler Double Six - of all places in the UK, having been imported here:

61009___5b90b47745308.JPG

And when it was for sale:

33031_934.jpg

https://postanote.co.nz/classified-ad/1993-Daimler-Double-Six-60ltr---When-Class-Matters--_13986

Thanks for all your inputs! The episode research is done and ready to record this week. It won't be out for a good few weeks but I hope you have a listen when it's released. There are a ton of episodes already out and a new one each week for those of you who can't wait.

Full disclaimer, we often talk about cars that are not shite... There's still some good shite on there. This week has Fiat 131's and Reliant Kittens among other things.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Thanks for all your help with the information to make this episode. It is out today and can be found here;

https://www.buzzsprout.com/227896/1002176

It can also be found here is you wish to subscribe to the show and hear the other episodes available;

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/trucks/id1443328958?i=1000429765419