Shitting in the shallow end. *Bile Hatred* pseudo collection.

Jim Bell

Since the wheel swap, the passenger front wheel was been losing a couple of psi a day. I popped round to Prestige German Cars for a puncture repair.

post-5435-0-26246600-1550844952_thumb.jpg

They diagnosed it not having a puncture at all, reseated the tyre on the rim and wouldn't take any money for the bother either. Just sent me on my way.

That really cheered me up and restored a bit of faith in humanity.

It's the little things.

Since the wheel swap, the passenger front wheel was been losing a couple of psi a day. I popped round to Prestige German Cars for a puncture repair.

20190222_125300.jpg

They diagnosed it not having a puncture at all, reseated the tyre on the rim and wouldn't take any money for the bother either. Just sent me on my way.

That really cheered me up and restored a bit of faith in humanity.

It's the little things.

Brilliant. Drop off some cakes/biscuits to say thanks and you'll be their new favourite customer. Always good to have that in the bank for the next time you're in.

thanks to the cryptic title I've only just seen this thread, if your ever this way again your more than welcome for a pitstop here and that goes for any shitter on collection missions,

shame about the pug but at least you've found a nice motor,

the daughter loved her lunch time special mini and it did go very well, I've looked at a few supercharged minis as I fancy giving one a shot  there's a newer cooper for sale which has a turbo but its not he same as the supercharger wine

thanks to the cryptic title I've only just seen this thread, if your ever this way again your more than welcome for a pitstop here and that goes for any shitter on collection missions,

the daughter loved her lunch time special mini and it did go very well, I've looked at a few supercharged minis as I fancy giving one a shot there's a newer cooper for sale which has a turbo but its not he same as the supercharger wine

If you've any plan to run down to Chollerford for the next Northern meet up man, you're welcome to take it for a test drive. See what you think of them.

the daughter loved her lunch time special mini and it did go very well, I've looked at a few supercharged minis as I fancy giving one a shot  there's a newer cooper for sale which has a turbo but its not he same as the supercharger wine

Likewise - top half of Northumberland here, not too far from the A1.

Where are you at, Garbaldy?

Lietholm bang middle between coldstream and greenlaw just of 697

I know Lietholm well :)

Hang on - do you have a boxy old blue Audi and live up a lane*? If so, I delivered to you when I worked for Argos a couple of years back and had a ten minute natter about old chod :D

I know Lietholm well :)

Hang on - do you have a boxy old blue Audi and live up a lane*? If so, I delivered to you when I worked for Argos a couple of years back and had a ten minute natter about old chod :D

Yup sure do I remember it well, was that really two years ago bloody hell time flys

This one

post-3747-0-81416300-1550881707_thumb.jpg

Afternoon all.

Had a bit of financially bad news in the post today which means I will be looking to transfer 50% of the fleet into liquid capital. i.e. the Super-duper Cooper S will be for sale.

Have some pictures from today before I issue a description.

post-5435-0-32248400-1551102319_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-15273600-1551102344_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-11827400-1551102364_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-93692200-1551102385_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-69453400-1551102410_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-84199900-1551102440_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-12715000-1551102460_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-35603100-1551102489_thumb.jpg

My launches are still terrible, but it goes pretty well for a 1.6.

post-5435-0-46763000-1551102586_thumb.jpg

It's a 2003 Mini Cooper S (r53) with the supercharged 1.6.

It's just over 112k.

Mot 29th November 2019.

Have a look at the history.

2 of the advisorys from last mot have been addressed (low tyre and distorted wheel). There's now 4 16inch OEM round wheels on with almost new Mohawk tyres. Yes they're budget but they grip pretty well. Correct centre caps and centre cap puller.

Spec:

The usual modern car stuff.

Pas.

Ew.

Em.

Air bags.

Abs.

No sunroof.

No cruise.

Air con not working.

Decent Pioneer head unit with usb, Bluetooth, aux in and hands free.

Onboard computer with, mpg, range, AV speed etc.

OEM half leather.

Getrag six speed gearbox.

Rear wiper delete.

Tints on the rear sides, rear screen tint removed.

Has a dave.f stealth K&N cold air induction system (people seem to speak highly of these.

GRS uprated intercooler from Orranje.

Front Strut brace.

Bonus pic.

post-5435-0-83526400-1551103441_thumb.jpg

Characteristics of note which may be of interest to a potential buyer:

Gear linkages a bit stiff at their lateral extents. 1st to 4th are like butter. 5th and 6th are a bit stiff as is reverse, though they select fine.

Rear demister not functioning. I scraped off some elements degluing the rear screen.

Abs/traction and low tyre lights come and go as they please (see thread). Internet reckons it'll be a speed sensor.

DUSNT AFFECT THE DRIVE M8 and TADTS but some people don't like lights on the dash.

Water leak into the boot if you jet wash it thoroughly three times in two days. Not really bad, but enough to wet the carpet.

Headlamp washers seem to not function and covers missing. Aim is also a bit low.

Rotational noise from passenger side front at motorway speeds. Not bad but audible. I'd guess it'll want a wheel bearing at some point. Luckily they're bolt on even on the front and they're only £30.

Air con doesn't con the airs.

Some scratches, chips around the interior and exterior as you'd probably expect on a car of this age.

Recent mechanical and cosmetic history.

New uprated OEM drivers door check strap fitted this week. Common for these to wear and fail.

New serpentine belt and idler pulley this month. The pulleys tend to go at about 100k so this one did well. All changed now.

Awesome OEM rubber floor mats fitted and anchored down.

27/09/18:

New LH Brake Caliper, hand brake cables (Rear RH/ Rear LH)

21/11/18:

Oil, oil filter, and OSF shock absorber changed. Also had a number plate bulb.

No other history available.

Located NORTH EAST ENGLAND, South Shields. Near everywhere if you don't mind traveling. Miles from everywhere if you don't like driving.

Price is £1350.

I've probably talked it down a bit much but I'd rather folk were pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed.

It's a fast, grippy, modern hatchback that's pretty practical if you haven't got 11 kids and 4 dogs.

Makes a great noise and turns the corners of your mouth up.