M***s and nobs means a good car gets scrapped lol

chompy_snake

Firmly agree with all of the above. What pisses me off on gumtree is that instead of taking the 10 seconds to type out a short sentence along the lines of "would you accept £400 for the car", you just get "£400". Its just fucking lazy and impolite.

The one time i replied straight away to one of these accepting the offer, i never got a reply!

Its these kind of people that should have their access to the internet restricted or even better, prohibited!

Mouth breathers all!

Ebay is even worse.  Car advertised with full service history so when asked when was the timing belt changed the response was no record of it being changed

With a joint 3 cars across 2 households and only a realistic 2 spaces .... It was sat around for a couple of weeks and only used once.

I am struggling more and more with manual cars (especially in traffic) due to arthritis in my spine and other issues.

What next is going to be veg friendly and automatic, very silly as a daily car and hopefully* something that lasts

I'm in no rush as I'm borrowing my dad's Discovery 300tdi auto and loving driving for the first time in a long while

It is difficult to shift cars quickly - how many of us can indeed pay and collect very quickly. Sometimes the only quick solution is the scrapper.

Round us in London the busy car tax clampers mean that anything out of MoT needs scrapping quickly to avoid the clamp unless it can be got off the road for repairs because if you can't tax a car you are immediately vulnerable to clamp and fine. Which must be condemning some decent cars.