It is time for me to sell my MK3 golf Auto.
83,735 miles as of today.
Location Newbury, Berkshire
I think I've had it 3 years now, but I'll have to check.
More photos to follow.
In the time I've had it I have:
- Replaced the rear bushes.
- Stripped and painted the rear beam.
- Replaced rear brake pipes.
- Fitted new front wings
- Welded a few areas when required.
- MOT expires 28 October 19
- Central locking works
- Leccy windows work
- towbar fitted
- Good tyres.
- Electric sunroof works although there is a knack to it.
- Sluggish at times. probably linked to emissions issue.
- water leak front passengers side front scuttle area. de-mister works well though.
- Previous owner smoked most of his cigarettes in that car
- Exhaust blows a bit from the downpipe joint. Has done that for 3 years and it's not getting worse
If you check the MOT history you can see I'm a bit lazy and wait for the fail sheet before I get the spanners out, but repairs get done when needed. All in it's not a bad car. If I could fix the emissions issue I would probably keep it for a few years, but I'm struggling to find the motivation with this car anymore!
Every time I plan to go out and fix something I realise I'd rather be spending my time fixing my little fiat and keeping that in order.
I'm not trying to sell a sob story, just trying to explain that the car and it's faults are honest, but my lack of motivation for this car have brought me to the decision to sell it.
Unless I'm barking mad I think £150 for a runner with 9 months MOT is reasonable enough. I can leave tax on for a few days
If you can fix the emissions issue it will likely go through the next MOT fine.
If you can fix the water leak then the only problem remaining is that's it's a mk3 golf.
Smoking shelter not included.