MK3 Golf Auto 5 door £150 Now with photos

MOD500

It is time for me to sell my MK3 golf Auto.

L153VLM

83,735 miles as of today.

Petrol
Location Newbury, Berkshire
I think I've had it 3 years now, but I'll have to check.

More photos to follow.

In the time I've had it I have:

• Replaced the rear bushes.
  • Stripped and painted the rear beam.
  • Replaced rear brake pipes.
  • Fitted new front wings
  • Welded a few areas when required.

Good points:

• MOT expires 28 October 19
  • Central locking works
  • Leccy windows work
  • towbar fitted
  • Good tyres.
  • Electric sunroof works although there is a knack to it.

Bad points:

• Sluggish at times. probably linked to emissions issue.
  • water leak front passengers side front scuttle area. de-mister works well though.
  • Previous owner smoked most of his cigarettes in that car
  • Exhaust blows a bit from the downpipe joint. Has done that for 3 years and it's not getting worse

If you check the MOT history you can see I'm a bit lazy and wait for the fail sheet before I get the spanners out, but repairs get done when needed. All in it's not a bad car. If I could fix the emissions issue I would probably keep it for a few years, but I'm struggling to find the motivation with this car anymore!

Every time I plan to go out and fix something I realise I'd rather be spending my time fixing my little fiat and keeping that in order.
I'm not trying to sell a sob story, just trying to explain that the car and it's faults are honest, but my lack of motivation for this car have brought me to the decision to sell it.

Unless I'm barking mad I think £150 for a runner with 9 months MOT is reasonable enough. I can leave tax on for a few days
If you can fix the emissions issue it will likely go through the next MOT fine.
If you can fix the water leak then the only problem remaining is that's it's a mk3 golf.

Smoking shelter not included.

44eee4f6f0ba5f45a9494a72d744e17d.jpg875dafd9207cf0d56199ea7e8f03ff15.jpg
401cfa239bedc51e72170e48cdc72e29.jpg656fadae7095889067e2619c7992ba5a.jpgc72620cb56acdc5f523e18425f97db5e.jpgaa52ac881daf6c24eecd373dff4538c3.jpge82dad13f31fafecf90955d5523b3727.jpg7d5eebfd3d806cad545c58185398474f.jpgad208ab7b7ab271bbb91c3cedb4138bb.jpg8bcd9ab5f7f81301eb8dae01bba81c80.jpg
b3b18bfff7e748409604939c05ec6f01.jpg45faef16404aba4b09f880b20a356ee7.jpg5cc97584a203fb92a18bd5963c70d784.jpg

"Advisory Notices

Offside front outer cv boot seaping

Front offside and nearside road springs corroded

Emissions getting lazy to respond advise"

What???

MK3 Golfs are alright really, I don't know why people hate them so much, especially now they're old cars.

FFS.

By now we should be beyond opinionated advisories. Sorry if I sound like an arse, but the rules aren’t there to be interpreted, only enforced. Tick box advisories only that populated scripted text with no interference, opinion or other bluster - that’s what I’d like!

If it’s running like a bag, tell the owner. But if it’s fit for the highway there should be zero reference on the sheet.

[/rant]

Sorry if I’m being thick; you talk of an emissions issue a few times, but don’t discuss the symptoms. Is it smoking? Does it run like a bag of shit?? I’m wondering if it’s even an issue at all (certainly not at the price)

I don't think it is an issue. It runs and it's reliable. I just prefer to be honest. No smoking. The engine itself is good. Just the engine management.

"Advisory Notices

Offside front outer cv boot seaping

Front offside and nearside road springs corroded

Emissions getting lazy to respond advise"

What???

MK3 Golfs are alright really, I don't know why people hate them so much, especially now they're old cars.

Mot centre is normally ok. In fairness that's the second year they've had an issue getting it to pass the emissions. I think they added the advisory as a reminder so they can avoid having me in for a mot this time!

I dislike selling cars.

As an owner I am normally the last transition for the car between the motoring world and the scrap world.

My mate bought a corsa for 700. Good runner. Owner mentioned nothing about the large water leak or the misaligned headlights with the buggered self adjusting mechanism. It's normal to just deny all knowledge!

I'd rather be up front but I guess that just looks like an already shit car must have a ton of issues.

Can't be arsed with Facebook mouth breathers either. I'd rather weigh it in than put up with people trying to haggle before they've even seen the car!