1991 Toyota Corolla 1.6GL Auto. Now on ebay

DoctorRetro

Doesn't look likely to sell, so going to have to admit defeat I think.

I've said it before, but I think this car just doesn't have enough character to appeal to AS members, is 'too old' for the general public and is too boring for the retro scene.

I can think of worse cars to be stuck with though :D

These old Toyotas are an acquired taste I think... It was an absolute bargain, if there was any way I could justify it (I really should be decreasing the fleet...), I'd have snapped it up! If we were closer than either end of the country it would've helped too!

Good luck with it, like you say, there are worse things to be stuck with! I'll look forward to your updates with it anyway, it's a great old car, and I for one love the wheels!

I really like these. They're in a strange place in the market though where they're worth a lot for what they are (see also 4th gen Civics and Accords where the going rate for a good one is £1500+), and struggle to sell sometimes as a result, particularly on AS. They're also quite hard to get hold of rot free.

I've gone back to the old wheels, got fed up with the tramlining and weird handling. My 175/70/13s might not be cutting edge tech, but it's what the car feels most at home on.

Got someone coming to collect the MG wheels tomorrow, but if I get let down (likely as it's a Facebook sale), then they will be available for 50 quid to Shiters or as a swap for some smaller wheels.