Cavalier gone

paulscavalier

Due to ongoing running problems I took the decision to move the Cavalier CD on so it’s now gone. I advertised it car and classic and had someone from Ireland show an interest. Within a day he had booked a flight and by Friday he had arranged to pick it up. He seemed a nice bloke him and his friend. But he got me with his speech. He kept on about a locpinny and I was under the impression he wanted the disclock which I wasn’t going to give away. In the end off he went and I decided to google it and eventually figured out what he meant. It would appear it is luckpenny. You buy something for say £100 and you give them say £10 as a luckpenny good luck charm to get home safely. He did get home ok but I can understand why he kept asking.. Has anyone else heard of this.

Some travellers I used to know a little always tried that. They were a great bunch and just dealt that way, as they said it felt like they got something more out of the deal. I knocked them back every time and in the end they called me 'The man who says no'.

Luck money. Not just a traveller thing, but an Irish way of life. I’m not superstitious, but the guy selling me the green Sierra a few years ago gave me a tenner back and I was so pleased I nearly cried! It did me well - and I do try to pass it on.

But, in my experience certainly, you don’t ask for it. It’s offered.