Shitroen C4 1.6hdi NOW SOLD

vaughant

I seem to have acquired this totally unwanted or needed now the Leon is mot'ed. Kind of selling it for my mate but it is now mine however I'm taking the hassle hit of it as I'm hoping he'll get me into a new job so if I turn up with a few extra readies for this he'll be over the moon!!!

My mistake in getting this, my mate went to P/X it but was told they don't do P/X on finance, new one on me, I just don't think they wanted it. I desperately needed a car that week as everything I had was sans MOT. I didn't get back to him quick enough and someone else jumped in. Long story short, like a cheap prostitute he's had his use of her and now wants shot.

My mate used it everyday for work for the last 3 years with no major issues.

As you can see from the MOT history he's racked up the miles, but it's a true "don't fix it if it ain't broke car and it hasn't been looked after servicing wise.

For the asking price I'll do an oil change, clean it out and get it looking a bit more spick and span but if you just need a quick WBOD, turn up to Swindon and I'll knock a ton off. Delivery could be an option for onward travel by rail or in the form of a lift off heading Westward towards Swansea.

OBVS zero guarantees or comebacks on this car, I know nothing about it other than its silver, some paint is missing of the roof (read up and this seems TADTS?) 5 Dr and the blower fans don't work on it (also apparently a TADTS).

I'll be test driving it after work today and I'll most likely shove it through the jetwash to see how it looks and get some pics up.

Reg is LD55 FRX for the MOT licker's and looking back there's never been anything major for it to fail on, just consumables.

I think it's the same motor as the full PSA 1.6HDI range but if so I know it runs fine with no smoke etc (followed him to work many times) so it could prove a good donor for any of those vehicles as I know they eat Turbos and so on. I'm sure ford had a say in that engine as well so may fit in a focus/Mondeo/c max thing also?

Either way a cheap reliable car that doesn't look too dreadful.

If your quick it will be taxed to get you home and INSURED for 3rd party thrills but as always FULLY receipted to avoid any nasties.

Get in touch through here in the first instance.

Cheers.

Ooh, I like these - sounds like a good price too. Heater fan not working could be a bit of a PITA at this time of year though - how much of a twat are they to do on these?

Hmm not entirely sure but fan removal itself looks pretty easy, something about removing the glovebox to access which sounds legit. However it seemed on a lot of the forum posts that it could be the module thing that you set the heating on (working a bit blind here as I've NEVER been in the car, which will change in the next hour) can go fubar.

Fuse has apparently been changed but no joy. I'll see if there's anything obvious in that respect.

Apparently the discs are a bit shit according to the lad who loaned it but I've not inspected it yet.

I will update accordingly but looking on the really accurate* eBay for prices it seems to be cheap enough.

So time for a SIT-REP.

It's a bit of a nail really.

I don't think it's been cleaned in 3 years and the inside still needs doing, no nasty smells though so just a good wet vac.

As you can see from the pics the bonnet is now devoid of paint. It resembled a scene from the crystal maze with bits of silver and gold paint flying everywhere.

It's obviously had a rank paint job on the bonnet and roof where they clearly never bothered to prep any surfaces hence the above. Can't see a new bonnet costing too much in the right colour and some silver sticky vinyl for the roof if you want to get it presentable. The rest of the bodywork is actually really good, can't see any signs of dents or rust anywhere, not even any major scratches, the dirt must have protected it but the drivers wing mirror is balanced in place rather than fixed in ok.

Front discs need doing if it's a keeper as there's a fair lip on them, my guess is he ran it with worn pads until it got too bad and just shoved pads on. Brakes seem fine, no noises. Handbrake good.

Clutch is high, no judder or noise and operates really smoothly but it's high, I'd guess it's original and it's done 144k now. It drives but I wouldn't want to reverse off a steep drive everyday !!

EML on, but not affecting performance, goes along pretty well, sends to pull ok and the engine is by FAR is best feature, seems smooth and quiet and very economical.

Alloys are ok, pretty good actually and the tyres seem good but nowt special.

Heater is reassuringly basic being a 4 position dial so no electronic gubbins here. If I can be arsed I'll take a look but I'd prefer this gone ASAP as it's not for me, I much prefer the Leon and I've just sorted it hence it can now be driven away as is for the grand price of:

£260. Was thinking of £250 but I've just put a tenners worth of jetwash into it.

For a 55 plate car with 7 months MOT, Derv and running ok. How cheap do you want them?

And the centre of the steering wheel stays put when you turn the wheel which IS pretty cool.

Dirt cheap “drive it til it stops and bridge it” car at that. Should sell easily.

I think that's the best solution for it really, of the clutch had been totally fine then it would be worth putting a bit into it but unless you can do it yourself it's a big outlay for a cheap car.

I think the "knocking a ton off for collection" thing might have been with the original asking price in mind.

CORRECT!!!

battery removed I'd get more than that scrap.

Still pretty cheap at £260 !!!

Just drove it 40 miles down the motorway, it moves along really nice over 70, nice punchy midrange torque, drive pretty solid if rather cold inside.

It's probably not even worth replacing the bonnet, sort of rules out 'bangernomics' really. £260 is an absolute no-brainer, a working, non-fucked engine and turbo for one of these must be like gold dust and worth a few quid on its/their own. 

Very cheap disposable diesel, especially if the heater is an easy fix.

If you can't find a buyer quickly, I would put the reg on  remove my car scrap site. I would guess their quote would be fairly close to your asking price.

I posted this on here and face farce last year.

http://autoshite.com/topic/33230-corsa-12-sxi-twinport-06-reg/

Eventually sold it for £180 after entering it on remove my car auction option. A local Vauxhall breaker bought it, told me he needed an engine for a later model Corsa.