The return of the broken Saaaaab of many shiters. Ah double bollocks.

Craig the Princess

I presume you know about the manual operation trick ?

Fold the rear seat and look for a stubby lever on the offside. Lower that to disengage the electric motor, and lift the tonneau cover by hand. Pull the roof up to the windscreen but don't lock it in place yet. Fold down the rear screen (won't go all the way). Close the tonneau cover and lift the stubby lever to lock it. Then lock the roof to the windscreen.

If I ever leave the maze that is Bristol!

The car comes with free gifts

attachicon.gifIMG_20190116_110428174_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20190116_110431426.jpg

Currently done 16 miles and stopped to pull the Ariel up and by a hat.

I found Bristol even worse than Glasgow or Edinburgh to drive through, and that's saying something.

Good gifts tho - water bottles a little bit necessary to make it move I take it? ;)

Good luck, hope you get home safely!

I presume you know about the manual operation trick ?

Fold the rear seat and look for a stubby lever on the offside. Lower that to disengage the electric motor, and lift the tonneau cover by hand. Pull the roof up to the windscreen but don't lock it in place yet. Fold down the rear screen (won't go all the way). Close the tonneau cover and lift the stubby lever to lock it. Then lock the roof to the windscreen.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I didn't know about that and am now sitting in the dry. I did manage to break the sun visor but that is because I'm an idiot.

So 179 miles in it broke. The head gasket does seem to have gone letting oil into the water (but not back again). As traffic started to pull away from a stop there was a pop as the pressure got to much for one of the coolant hoses. Recovery truck on route for the last 20 miles.

I'm going to gloat and say I've never got lost in Bristol in the three times I've driven through. Obviously now I've said that, I'm going to get lost in Basingstoke now or something....

Bloody good effort with this! I remember getting a brief lift in it when I did the 405/Saab swap with Eddie and djm and it seemed nice, quite a thunderous V6 IMO.