Jag Leaper anyone?

purplebargeken

Can't seem to see the for sale thread but then again am not in the mood to look too hard really  :-(

Rummaging in the loft this afternoon and found the chrome leaper I bought many years ago for one of my XJ40's.

No longer have Jags so do any of the Jaaaaag owners on here want it for a tenner plus a couple of quids p & p?

It is new and unfitted, just been stored for about a long time. 

Let me know.

post-17414-0-71403000-1547493189_thumb.jpeg

I was about to leap to the defence of these stylish mascots, but the only picture in existence of Mrs N's old S-Type doesn't show the US market leaper I put on it.

If you look carefully you can just see the tail! I'd probably also get giffer Barry warning points for the mesh ' R' grille too.

When I finally man up and buy a shonky XF I'll try to resist a mascot, although I'm promising nowt!

Not factory fitted for nearly 50 years now....

In the UK.

The Septics had them , maybe still have them up until much more recently. The one I had on that S-Type was a US spec factory one. The pre-drilled holes were under the " Growler " badge on the bonnet.  

Does someone have a Mondeo to put it on... I mean an x-type

Again factory fitted for the US .

Looks like they died with the X350

post-17414-0-33121600-1547506093_thumb.jpeg

My dad knew someone who mounted one once, didn’t quite get it central. To say it looked a right cunt was an understatement.

Jesus, Read that wrong at first.......

Then realised you meant fitted to the car, not they tried to insert it up somewhere the sun don't shine... (I think that may be more of a reflection on me, and my dirty mind though)

The XJ-S had one but the previous owner removed it and had the holes filled and the bonnet resprayed. Not a great ob but still better than a leaper on a Jaguar which is not supposed to have one! However, a leaper on the right car looks great (and the potential for pedestrian injury is a super Brucie bonus) or mounted on a plinth in the front room.