Accord for sale cheapish

pandamonium

I have been offered this, but I don't have the money, space, etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is rough around the edges, but a good runner apparently.

Mot end of Aug, Tax October I think.

It is up for £250, but I have it on good authority that the bloke can be talked down.

Worth a punt for anyone? Or just scrap(page) fodder?

I bought the newer shape after this for a 3k mile trip around Europe with the 2.0 engine bloody brilliant car but engine was a bit course at 130mph ( :lol::shock::roll: )I did come very close to buying one this shape before buying mine and I quite like them, apart from the usual crap to check on any motor I'd be looking at potential blown head gasket but on an oilway (no biggee at that money I guess) and make sure the starter and alternator are ok-I priced up an alternator for the one I was going to buy and at £384 I deceided quite suddenly that the maths didn't add up-a point that I had to explain to the dipshit-but-company-director owner who thought that by knocking fifty quid off the asking price that I'd somehow jump at the chance to own his shit-box.I'm fonda of a Honda especially 1980s-1990s, is this manual or slob-box? I think the 2.2 is based on the 2.0 so its a single cam 16v (via an eccentric cam arrangement) they're generally ok and the auto-boxes show none of the issues that the later Accords did. The European Accord that came after this (and therefore the Rover 600) are based on this 'CB' Accord unlike the later Accord Aerodeck and Coupe which despite being Honda Accords of the same age are totally unrelated to the European Accord.The arches could be sorted out cheaply but find out how much you can get him down to-why is he selling? surely a car thats about to run out of ticket is worth next to fuck-all? I'd take your time and give it a real good going over seen as the MOT is due soon.Uninteresting Shite Meister fact 119: The Honda Accord (this shape) was the first vehicle to have clear lenses=FACT!

Hard to believe that this car is nearly 20 years old - it looks it but doesn't time fly? I drove one of these very recently and was impressed with how tight the engine was.

Yeah I have to agree with you there, the one I nearly bought really didn't feel that old at all and as for my 1994 Aerodeck, just bloody brilliant.

4WS? These are great cars, my parents had one for a while and it didn't miss a beat. Even though it was a boggo 2.0 carb' it still had electric windows, mirrors, aerial, etc.I think the Peugeot 405 (1987) beats it on the clear indicator lenses front.

Early Mk3 Cortinas beat it on the clear indicator lenses...

4WS? These are great cars, my parents had one for a while and it didn't miss a beat. Even though it was a boggo 2.0 carb' it still had electric windows, mirrors, aerial, etc.I think the Peugeot 405 (1987) beats it on the clear indicator lenses front.

MkI Rover SD1s had sort of clear front indicators too

Not wishing to stereotype or nuffin' but drive it to East Ham or Ilford (if you got to Ilford, stop at Jakes outside Seven Kings station yum-burgers!), and you'll sell it immediately.Old J-shite seems to be the choice of millions round there.

I meant headlamps not indicators as in crystal clear headlamp glass.

I know this Accord is nearly 20 years old, but I've never seen one this shape with rust all the way round the rear arches like that - usually it's confined to the edge where it meets the top of the rear bumper. Even the scrapyard Accord SL posted doesn't have as much arch rust as this, so I'd be worried about the bits you can't see...