Looking for a Samara steering wheel

Guest Ligma

I'm looking for an original Samara steering wheel, grey ideally. My piece of Russian shite has been defiled with an aftermarket one.

the-semirigid-steering-wheel-rim-of-the-

Thanks

Have you tried Tom over at Lada.co.uk?

Afraid Samara bits aren't something I've got around here any more.

The one in that photo must be truly base...only four speed box and not even a rear window heater...

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried the Lada.co.uk forums but there seems to be far less activity in the past few years compared to what it was, we won't go into specifics how or why but I'm sure you're aware the drama involved :shock:.The amount of times I've been banned for no reason I've lost count.

The Samara in the photo must be poverty-tastic, how basic motoring should be really. 

On the flipside, are you looking for anything Lada related? 

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried the Lada.co.uk forums but there seems to be far less activity in the past few years compared to what it was, we won't go into specifics how or why but I'm sure you're aware the drama involved :shock:.The amount of times I've been banned for no reason I've lost count.

The Samara in the photo must be poverty-tastic, how basic motoring should be really.

On the flipside, are you looking for anything Lada related?

Yep, I'm banned for some reason and Tom has not answered my email asking why. It's weird as I was a loyal customer. Are you on the Facebook group?

Hey Ligma, welcome! You haven't just bought our old one have you?
J307 SPJ

P1240912.jpg

It recently came up for sale, according to my brother who sent me these screenshots:

post-1381-0-49200300-1547475043_thumb.jpeg

post-1381-0-88783300-1547475063_thumb.jpeg

(It wasn't an auto, by the way.)

Previously it provided Autoshite with quite a lot of entertainment...

http://autoshite.com/topic/8827-lada-samara-wills-a-framing-adventure/

Anyway, the steering wheel always looked like a crappy after-market one, but I believe it was part of a showroom upgrade package.

I'd love to say that I bought yours Krujoe, if it was in the south west I would have been sorely tempted. Those threads are great!
Mine is a 1996 1.5 model with the multi point fuel injection, I needed something to lug stuff from house to flat ect and give better miles per gallon and carrying capacity than my Niva.

It's rather spacious for a hatchback.

UpfR8Rj.jpg

The samara is a criminally underrated car. I've never had more fun on 4 wheels.

Image is massive but I've been progressively de-crayoning it with the steering wheel being the final piece in the puzzle. I've tried allegro.pl, seeing that Poland is closer to the UK and the postage usually works out more reasonably. I'm looking for a replacement fuse box to solve a few electrical issues.  

qXaa4Ps.jpg

Now looking far better in my opinion. Bumpers sourced from an Ex-Lada dealership. 

abg5AuH.jpg

A Samara and a Niva. You're living the/my dream.

I'll have a trawl around my favourite Bulgarian sites and see if I can sniff out a steering wheel.

Much appreciated, give me a shout if you find anything.

JT Wade salvage in Winwick, Warrington had a Samara languishing at the very back of their yard and I'd guess it's still there as they have stuff from the 60's in the back row, they aren't cheap but have some very admirable shite knocking around 

I know this must be the most obvious stupid answer but can't a new one be got from Russia?

Yeah. Postage is pretty lethal however. I'd rather find one closer because I'm a cheapskate. I've had stuff shipped from Tolyatti, a larger £20 part quickly turns into a £50 part with postage. Such is life in the zone. Plus I get a sort of perverse pleasure in scavenging the last of the stuff from the Lada UK days.

JT Wade salvage in Winwick, Warrington had a Samara languishing at the very back of their yard and I'd guess it's still there as they have stuff from the 60's in the back row, they aren't cheap but have some very admirable shite knocking around 

I managed to find a 2108 in a scrapyard in Cheltenham, where I snagged a few bits. Unfortunately, I came back for round two to liberate the bumpers but it had been cubed. I might give JT Wade a ring and ask if they still have the Samara and if they'll post the wheel. Sod's law it's a dealer fitted one. Thanks for the info.

Special bondage rubber edition!

If you buy a 2104 you'll be living my dream as well!

Hope you get a wheel for it.

Thanks. A 2105, 2107 or a Wartburg 353 may well be my next venture. Luckily that's not for a while and I'd need to relinquish a car due to storage before that happens.