Delayed German collection goodness

pauldoubleyou

Well after the ignis went there was a gap to be filled. Funnily enough, I got talking to the guy I originally bought the Lupo off a few years ago who said he had a tired Mk4 Golf with an AUQ 20vt conversion in it.

He had bought it and used the wheels and then it sat since October. So I went up and had a look today and damn, it was clear it had been sat for months. Mould, flat battery and totally minging inside and out. No petrol in it, two flat tyres and two doors that wouldn’t open.

As is usual money changed hands and it’s now on the drive.

7118009aba46e78743e64d9bcffa0dba.jpg

88ce93d13e4f2109983f2afbd09e8014.jpg

5666e5f0b8709ed8ab6850f6f628e013.jpg

fbefdf4a7f9503f2bd37f09f523192c6.jpg

Not my pics.

So there’s a fair bit of cleaning and maintenance to be done. The battery off it is on charge and it’s damp inside, I don’t think from rain just from being stood. Two callipers appear to be sticky but I’ll give them a strip tomorrow and see if it’s the sliders. From experience I think it might be.

Few electrical gremlins and dodgy door close switches - and a side exit exhaust for some reason.

Allegedly got a map on it but doesn’t feel like it. I need to get a boost gauge on and see what it’s doing.

Six speed box and front mount, the alloys have been replaced with shitty steels. I’ll get some pictures of it properly tomorrow as it’s now dark. Two conversions on one drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s done the rounds. Two people I know have owned it, which is good in a way because they can all vouch for the work that’s been done on it.

The starter is slow regardless of what battery is on it, even with a beast mode bmw battery on. Probably needs a clean at the terminals.

It still has all the secondary air system pipework on it which I hate as it’s just asking for vac leaks. For the claimed horsepower it has I’m not convinced it’s hitting what it should so I’ll get a boost gauge on it this week.

Locks and door handles are a bit wobbly but it’s sitting on Matt black steels at the moment.

First job will probably to get a blanking plate and fully remove the secondary air system. I’ll pop a resistor in for the time being but then it’ll be coded out along with the charcoal canister, another weak point. The less connected the better.

It does get up to temp and pulls properly which is good. Traction still works as it spins the wheels in second.

Plans probably will be to clean it up, get it running 100 percent and make a small profit on it or swap it for a diesel. It’s good fun until I have to be doing long runs in it.

It’s actually quite tidy. The engine bay needs a bit of attention, not because it’s mot running right, just because it’s a bit scrappy. Hoses everywhere, small oil leaks here and there and a small coolant leak from the multi valve. Gttdi interior. Even had a load cover which are allegedly hard to come by.

Should be easy to rectify once I bin it. Stuck it on some Matt steels and it doesn’t look half bad. Took me two washes to get it clean. Yes, front wing is wrong shade silver. Yes, tow bar is coming off.

d10b73dfbc0e3160aac491c9c0526a73.jpg

09b83eeca9819eba78d3a291effd6548.jpg

ae04e492b181bbce630192b6d4ec71a5.jpg

36fdb8a64a054f29417498efe831e764.jpg