My first collection thread - lemon has landed :)

Flat4

Well, the H6 is finally HOME :D Welded, fresh MOT and Al has spent the day washing, waxing and feeding the interior leather. Done a good job as you can see how shiny it it now -

post-21170-0-80399100-1555005920_thumb.jpg

Al also spent several hours refurbing the old alloys off the sold GTB, which I wanted to keep as the tyres still have lift in them and they clear the 4 pots which are on my Legacy GT-V. They came up really nice IMO!

post-21170-0-28683700-1555005320_thumb.jpg

post-21170-0-82332500-1555005369_thumb.jpg

So that was today's job, swap on said wheels to the new Leggy as I currently have a mis-matched pair of tyres on the rear and it makes me worry about the diffs when they don't match. There probably is enough slack to cope but mechanic has informed me this lowly base model "sports tourer" actually has a limited slip rear diff....As far as I know they were only supposed to be fitted to the Spec Bs, but I won't complain ;)

post-21170-0-91641800-1555006040_thumb.jpg

Except the larger discs and even large calipers on the H6 were too huge for the 16s....The calipers are even bigger than my 4 pots! So sometime soon, these bad boys are going to be swapped on, which I think will look awesome on this car!

post-21170-0-33197900-1555006097_thumb.jpg

These previously wore my winter set of tyres. The fronts have already been replaced as they were out of date and losing grip. The rears currently have a in-date pair of Goodyear Ultragrips on them, which are such a good, grippy winter tyre that they go ridiculously floppy in the summer ;) So the current set is no use until another pair of suitable tyres are sourced.

On the plus side, the tow bar electrics work :D I cannot put into words how relieved I am to have a working tow car, with the capacity to tow my Bessacarr, after a week without one. The Granvia is getting a tow bar on this year so I'm not left in this position again. It does no good for my nerves!

to say the language from yours truly was colourful when the refurbed wheels didnt fit was an understatement. 4 hours sanding, cleaning, painting and laquering those things, all is not lost as they should fit on the GT that is awaiting repairs. The wheels that are on the H6 cleaned up okay but they are in need of a refurb, quite happy with the way the rest of the detailing went, there is a few stonechips on the roof that need attention but the paint is very good, the leather needs a bit of colour but again after a good feed wax and buff has come up well.... Only thing is my wee almera is looking like a bloody shed compared to it, better get another gallon of elbow grease from dingbro

Wasn't from Poundshop, it was from XS Stock. They are local to us but they have an eBay store as well. You might find it on there.

seen the same paint in 150ml cans in the poundshop

still trying to sort out airlocks in the cooling system of the h6, when the boss brought her home she was warm with the guage flickering to 3/4 as opposed to halfway, took off rad cap and no water in top of rad, so topped up and she behaved okay on a 20 mile run but after sitting for a hour the rad was empty but expansion bottle fuller than it was, so topped up again and on the way back ran the heater for 5 minutes... next day checked rad and dry again and water in expansion bottle had dropped, so topped up again, gave it a run and same... reckon there is air in there still but not as much as gauge is starting to behave... the new rad was fitted at arnold shark by previous owner.... keep bleeding and topping up.... joys of a flat h6 engine as on a normal v or inline the air should rise to the top and be easier to bleed out

• 1 month later...

Today's job on the H6....

20190606_135740.jpg

Al is convinced the leak coming from this bottom rad hose is the source of the cooling issues it's had since day one. The pipe is split where the jubilee clip attached it to the rad end and hadn't been pulled on the pipe far enough so it won't do much harm wasting another £22 to change it...

20190606_135813.jpg

Rather sludgey in there, where is making me suspicious the wrong coolant has been used in it, it's turned to jelly and caused a blockage some where. Water is clearly circulating as it behaves most of the time, temperature wise, but not as well as it should be.

20190606_140256.jpg

It has slowly been getting better since it's been driven more but the leak was also getting worse so will be interesting to see what it does now, IF we've solved the leak. What an utter PITA to replace this pipe!!!! I can see why it was bodged in the first place....