Bishy barney bees

wuvvum

That's Norfolk for ladybirds. And it's appropriate that we have our own word for them at the moment, 'cos we're being fugging plagued by the little bastards. Below are a few photos I took earlier today in Walcott on the Norfolk coast - there must be literally millions of the things in those piles, and there are dozens more piles just like these. And all the gutters all along the sea front (about half a mile) are full of them too. Completely off topic I know, but thought I'd post them anyway as I've never seen bugger all like it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I never really paid attention in Sunday School, was a plague of ladybirds after the plague of frogs or the plague of locusts?A year ago it seemed there were those irritating daddy longlegs everywhere, are they blind the way they just fly into you and no matter how much you swat them they don't get the message. I was working in my garage one evening when at least a dozen came in over 5 minutes, I had a go at attacking them with a few of the aerosols around but the best result was with spray mount adhesive 8)

Saw something similar in the hot summer of 86, when I was canal boating on the Gloucester-Sharpness Canal.We were literally swamped with them -like a plague.Forced to moor & take refuge in a pub nearby- where we drank ourselves senseless.Gone the following morning -weird.

i think theyre French invaders....they fly in under the rader and take advantage of a free England...theyre man eaters as well..so watch out..i remember there was the same invasion back in the late 70s

My mum remembers when we were on a family holiday in the 70s when I was only about a year old that happened. It was that bad it was difficult to go outdoors on one day apparently. The they were all dead the next day in piles like that :shock: