insurance question - how do some of you guys do it?

mhrallye

Ms soc just sacked off admiral, renewal quote of a grand which dropped to 750 on the phone. Fully comp cover bought elsewhere for 400 quid.

She also had an invite for a "6 wheel" policy from Carole Nash so we got a quote there too, £1600. Her bike is only £80 fully comp on its own so ha ha nope.

Well finally got insured - I did try getting insured with arnold clark (i have the dubious pleasure of being employed by them!) thinking that I would get a decent price being an employee but nope - anyway go compare came up trumps with a policy for £149.40 for the year - thanks for all the help!

And thinking of the golf I REALLY must get it on an agreed value policy - it is up for renewal in march so time to start shopping around - think footman james as some of you suggested might be worth a try - especially if they can do agreed value...

I have al my internal combusters insured with a local 'A'plan insurance broker, MGF on a 'Hobby' policy, Van on a Company policy, Camper on a restricted mileage policy and Wife has her own policy but with the same Broker. Not cheap though, Van is 25k miles PA Business FC @ £380, Camper 3k miles PA £260, MGF 3k miles PA £315, this was the cheapest way of doing it with no no-claims for the MGF..

Footman James wouldnt cover me (non UK drivers license or whatever) so I went with Aviva. You can insure 5 cars under the same policy, just add the car you want to insure and they'll give you a quote for both cars, which definitely is cheaper compared to me insuring both cars separately somewhere else. Both still seem to have their own ncb though so Im not sure if the difference is that big with other insurers.