Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

insurance question - how do some of you guys do it?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   scaryoldcortina

scaryoldcortina

• Full Members
  • 5,685 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • LocationUnderground, overground. Wombling free....

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:19 AM

Ms soc just sacked off admiral, renewal quote of a grand which dropped to 750 on the phone. Fully comp cover bought elsewhere for 400 quid.

She also had an invite for a "6 wheel" policy from Carole Nash so we got a quote there too, £1600. Her bike is only £80 fully comp on its own so ha ha nope.

#32 OFFLINE   loserone

loserone

Leaf blower

• Full Members
  • 3,650 posts
  • 50 thanks
  • Locationbehind the tree

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:22 AM

Aviva multicar are working out quite well for me, usually not too bad to make changes and manageable premiums

405 with no head, Leaf, 206 GTI with a knackered axle, Legacy H6 Spec BMGF VVC

suffering from mass schitzophrenic denial

#33 OFFLINE   mhrallye

mhrallye

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 56 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationLinlithgow

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:43 PM

Well finally got insured - I did try getting insured with arnold clark (i have the dubious pleasure of being employed by them!) thinking that I would get a decent price being an employee but nope - anyway go compare came up trumps with a policy for £149.40 for the year - thanks for all the help!

And thinking of the golf I REALLY must get it on an agreed value policy - it is up for renewal in march so time to start shopping around - think footman james as some of you suggested might be worth a try - especially if they can do agreed value...

Gambia Red - Crap in 83' and still crap today!

#34 OFFLINE   drivewaymyway

drivewaymyway

• Full Members
  • 665 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationThe end of drive Reading / Newbury ish...

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:21 AM

I have al my internal combusters insured with a local 'A'plan insurance broker, MGF on a 'Hobby' policy, Van on a Company policy, Camper on a restricted mileage policy and Wife has her own policy but with the same Broker. Not cheap though, Van is 25k miles PA Business FC @ £380, Camper 3k miles PA £260, MGF 3k miles PA £315, this was the cheapest way of doing it with no no-claims for the MGF..

Berlingo 1.9D 2005..  Blue. Van

Berlingo 1.9D 2005..  Blueish. Van.

Berlingo 1.9D 2004 Multi...  Silver.

VW Golf GTTDI 1997.. Silver..

Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDI 116, black.

MGF 1.8i.. Silver...  Shite...

2003 Yamaha R1.

Scott Mountain bike.

Daws Stratos road racer bike.

Static bike.

Grey wheelie bin.

Green wheelie bin.

Wheel barrow.. very rusted..

2 wheel sack trolley, bit bent but functional.

#35 OFFLINE   Schaefft

Schaefft

• Full Members
  • 927 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationNorth East

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:56 AM

Footman James wouldnt cover me (non UK drivers license or whatever) so I went with Aviva. You can insure 5 cars under the same policy, just add the car you want to insure and they'll give you a quote for both cars, which definitely is cheaper compared to me insuring both cars separately somewhere else. Both still seem to have their own ncb though so Im not sure if the difference is that big with other insurers.

???? ????????                              - Mystery New Car

1996 BMW E39 540i 6-Speed       - In daily Use

1996 BMW E39 528i                      - Contemplating whether to keep or sell...
1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC           - Now famous for having been on the Nordschleife

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora                - Fuel Filter finally replaced! Still doesn't start...
1993 Renault Safrane V6              - Soon to be under new Ownership
1992 Toyota Celsior C-Spec          - Now with new Alternator and PS Pump! Finding a Set of Coilovers next!
1991 Opel Senator 3.0 24V           - Now with new Fuel Hoses & Vacuum lines!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users