2003 Suzuki Ignis - Helensburgh Scotland £300!!!! 7 month MOT

pauldoubleyou

It’s time to move another one on..

a3065e9822a4fd81d77af33f92d02e89.jpg

Here we have a tremendously Japanese runabout with the 1.3 m13a engine in it. Petrol manual, adorned with a few air fresheners and a set of seat covers because let’s be honest - Japanese motors don’t have the most dazzling taste in interiors. The seats under the covers are not wrecked, so that’s a good thing.

the number plate looks like the word SHOES so if you love shoes or are a shoe, this is the car for you.

84k ish, chain driven and not due until 105k.

MOT until 28 July 2019

In the last last month I have replaced the crank sensor thanks to it cutting out on the m8, the air inlet temp sensor and the coolant temp sensor.

Its got ngk iridiums and newish leads, and the filters are all relatively new.

Service history up until about 60k and the the car overall is in pretty good nick. It smells nice, isn’t full of dog and tab ends and does everything you want it to.

Bad bits! I think the lambda is on the way out. It doesn’t always scan as a fault but is overfuelling a bit. Black plugs and doesn’t like to idle for the first 20 seconds until the lambda gets some heat in it. Occasionally shows as a pending fault on the scanner. If you can sit in it for 20 seconds on a morning it’s not a problem, so I never could really be bothered to change the lambda.

Its got four chavtastic fox alloys with, surprisingly, a set of Pirelli p-zeros with 4-5mm all round. Great for when you want to go rallying.

Its far far too small for me to use and it became a pain to put kids in the back - so here it is. Turn up with cash of something Swedish to swap and it’s all yours. So please, come with either of the above and remove it from my driveway.

I’d prefer a swap for anything interesting really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can confirm that those little Ignises are very strong, frugal and easy to work on. I've done 22k in mine so far, and apart from routine maintenance it has only required a rear wheel bearing, a rear brake cylinder and a brake light bulb !

84k ish, chain driven and not due until 105k.

Suzuki does not recommend replacing the timing chain as part of routine maintenance, and I haven't heard of them failing prematurely. So I wouldn't bother. Remember, this is a quality* automobile, not a VAG/BMW !

Price drop, bought a golf so really need rid

So heres the issues with it:

Alternator is knackered. Charges at 11.9 volts when idling and EVERYTHING is turned on. Suspect internals of alternator trout due to shredded aux belt. Remove belt and car and engine runs fine. Ill supply a replacement alternator and belt.

Temp gauge, due to the above, starts at halfway as 'cold'. Sits at max for 'normal'. Car is not overheating, again if you remove alt belt it goes away. 

Small hole in fuel neck filler tube i found today when putting petrol in it. Lost about 50p on the forecourt, opposite side to the exhaust, doesnt leak when driving as its high up the filler neck. 

Thats it! Someone please come and shift it this weekend!?!?! I have a Golf on the way and the mrs will do her nut. 

Nearest train station is Helensburgh Central, Nearest Airport Glasgow International. Can meet at either. 

I got the £300 in the end which was about what it was worth. Lad seemed happy with the rough running and was more concerned that it was DOHC (he kept referring to it as DOCK) then the fact it had a small fuel leak and was running poorly.

As expected he turned up with a dog and looked like he had a smoke before he arrived.

Either way it’s gone. Collection thread Saturday for its replacement - which has significantly more displacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk