Pick yer brains?

Father Ted

A few weeks ago the wifes Dyson died quite spectaculaly with a bang and all the smoke escaped from the motor. So I hit ebay and bought a recon DC07 - arrived after a very lenghtly 14 days hoover free, so th carpets were getting a bit claggy... Anyway it worked but had a fault so the bottom bit was inflexible. Emailed seller who said he would arrange collection - then nothing.Emailed ebay, they refunded me. OK result, have hoover, have money. but dont want hoover, its crap, by now been down Makro and bought a new one.Emaaile again - seller says will get Parcelfarce to pick up on Friday, guess what, nothing, so I call Parcelfacre, and guess what, no instructions to pick anything up from my postcode. Email seller again to see WTF is happening - zip, nada, nowt.Sso how long do I wait before bunging the heap of shite on freecycle?

28 days from last contact. You've done your bit. You could email the seller again to inform of your intentions, but...

Cheers for that - already emailed him after discovering that there was no pick up booked and told him its been stored in a damp shed as there is no where else to store it. Will leave it there now for the 28 days.

LOL, I'd be inclined to bung it back on ebay as 'spares or repairs', as even f*cked dysons make coin. We got £40 for ours, despite it having been killed by having to constantly pick up the hair from our collie. That said the bastard still moaned about it.. "full of dog hair.." well, yes, we did say so, and you have the dog trying to lick you to death when you can for it, so...We had a similar tale with Virgin Media, they sent us a digibox on trial, we found it had less channels than freeview and told them to ram it, took them 6 weeks to come and pick it up, and it was only because we threatened to leave it in the front garden with a big FREE HELP YOURSELF label on it that got their arses into gear. :lol:

The original seller has his money from you and I assume doesn't give a toss now. Why would he bother going to the hassle and expense of getting it back off you? Sell it for spares and make some extra.

Because eBay have refunded Ted, and hence will have taken the refund out of the sellers account, so seller is now without hoover or money.My bet is he knew it was broken, and he was going to take it down the tip. He's therefore thinking he's not lost out, just a chance of some cash that didn't work out.Lob it on eBay, belive it or not there's people buying broken Dysons and selling them on as spares, or fixing them up. I'd love to imagine them working out of a portakabin in an oily, muddy yard with dysons stacked three-high, a battered forklift, and a rottweiler on a chain. Maybe even a Bedford Rascal with a minature hi-ab on the back.