Xantia relay

SierraMikeHotel

I'm in London on the 23rd & 24th, 23rd is best as my meeting ends at 3, I'll be in Euston NW1 2AY, but to be honest might be best if I get the train down towards you somewhere so I don't have to get out of London by road, I've tried a few times in our van and it can be a right pain in the arse, where would be the nearest station to the M25 / M40 that would be convenient?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

23rd is perfect, I've got the day off anyway (burning leave before the end of the year) so can meet you after 3. Driving in London is indeed a pain in the arse - would somewhere suburban around Walton on Thames or Twickenham ish work? Just picked those names off the map, open to suggestions.

If Aldo approves the plan of course!

I'm afraid I'd have to withdraw my offer to meet you at Gatwick on Saturday because I'm on call, so I need to be within 15 minutes of home. Work's a bugger, isn't it?

I could still meet you at Lewes railway station though, it's only 35 minutes on the train from Gatwick (then the same to drive back again) so wouldn't cost you too much extra time.

Sorry for the slow reply, but I'm 99% sure I'm going to fly down this Saturday morning and drive it home, thanks for the offer though floatylight. I could do with a back up car as my daily is overdue a bit attention

No problem, was looking forward to reminiscing about late nineties holidays driving my mates VSX across France.

Chodspeed!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

CHALLENGE.

I am about to make my insane Scotsman hat trick.

DaveHedgehog31 flew to Gatwick and drove my Saab home to Glasgow overnight, two weeks after an MoT tester quoted £800 to make it better.

FabergéGreggs wanted to ride my moped as far as it's gone in the last decade, in one go, but it pissed itself in terror so he couldn't.

I'm going to let Aldo135 explain himself, quite frankly.

Meanwhile, amuse yourselves with the view I have from my desk at work.

27a4a620118af8c0aa5bbc69d5d9d39e.jpg

I'm en route to pick up my new car! What could it possibly be...

post-4295-0-11985800-1547855180_thumb.jpeg

This collection started with a walk in the woods... Note the rucksack that doubles as a car seat, not the first car collection adventure for these guys!

post-4295-0-24596500-1547855757_thumb.jpeg

Then a short journey on one of our infamous trams...

post-4295-0-79107800-1547855848_thumb.jpeg

To pick up this! Whilst not very autoshite, it's no bad considering it was a focus class car I was meant to get! Was booked through a company called Driiveme.com for £1, Picking up at Edinburgh Airport and dropping off at Heathrow. I've driven part of the journey this evening, and am now residing somewhere quite special, very well reviewed in the pages of Viz...

post-4295-0-38960100-1547856508_thumb.png

All going to plan will meet SierraMikeHotel at Heathrow tomorrow and make my way north in a Xantia! Can't wait

Taking the whole family on a collection? Now that's another level of collection!

Yeah it wasn't my first plan! Things you have to do to get shite collection passed the Mrs!! They have been great, think it's a big adventure. Thank fuck for iPads though, they make travel so much easier! Told my wee man Alex that the website is called "Autoshoot" and he now thinks it's a mixture of cars and football!!!

We have stopped at a trampoline park I had found through good old Google. 2 hours drive up to Crewe / Stoke area next for another travelodge. All going well we will be home Sunday lunchtime :)

That driiveme looks mega useful, wonder if an eec licence is acceptable.

Worth looking at. I was sceptical when I first seen the advert, and they have a couple of poor reviews online. But I phoned hertz before I set off and they confirmed it was ready for me. Got an upgrade at pick up and no hassle at drop off, and SierraMikeHotel Stuart was 2 mins behind me. Could not have worked better! They also do vans so you could combine a collection with a ikea/tip run if like me you need brownie points to even out your shit car misadventures...

Got an upgrade at pick up and no hassle at drop off, and SierraMikeHotel Stuart was 2 mins behind me. Could not have worked better!

That was a bit of luck! I pulled in at a layby to check my phone, to avoid getting sucked into the airport car park and having to pay, saw your message saying you were early and really lucked out pulling in right behind you!

No hassle at drop off apart from failing to open the window at the gate ;)

Glad to see you starting the year strong Alan!

You Scotoshiting at the end of the month?

Safe trip hame!

Thanks Neil, yeah determined to make this meet!

That was a bit of luck! I pulled in at a layby to check my phone, to avoid getting sucked into the airport car park and having to pay, saw your message saying you were early and really lucked out pulling in right behind you!

No hassle at drop off apart from failing to open the window at the gate ;)

Yeah happened again at the M6 Toll!