Pre-facelift K11 Micra (or other 90s ~1 litre hatch)

jcr

In the last few months these have pretty much disappeared from ebay/gumtree. Don't know why it's happened so suddenly.

Anyway, I am looking to buy one. Wanted to see if anyone on here is planning on selling one / knows of one for sale. Budget is ~£400.

Manual heavily preferred

Other 90s hatches may be also considered :)

I have decided to go the C1/Aygo  route   , it has a cam chain engine and looks fairly wife proof ..

in fact her friends abused C1 is holding up well ..despite me having to do the levels and pressures

as for the Micra , its a good car but the youngest is getting on to decades old , and the rot attacks them , rear sills and behind the rear bumper .

I would have another Micra if I could get hold of a good one , but they are a bit like the Focus , no one sells one unless its terminal ....

K11s have offset pedals, if that's a deal breaker. My mum bought one nearly new 20 years ago and got rid within months.

Considered a Yaris or Starlet? Most other small Japan hatches are either expensive to buy or expensive to insure (Daihatsu).

K11s are great. Bulletproof little soldiers. I really want one myself despite actually regularly looking after 2 for my family. The post-facelift Micra ('98+) aren't bad, my family has them. One is actually with me awaiting cosmetic work and the other (an Autoshite roffle win of sorts) is with my family. They are just as tough as the pre-facelift K11s. There wasn't much between the 2 apart from minor interior and exterior cosmetic changes.

There are usually loads of on eBay but then the pre-facelift K11s are difficult to come by now but it's still possible for your budget, it's just a matter of time.

Mrs PBK has a pre-facelift K11 in typical Micra Red. R reg, one owner from new. Few dings here and there, someone bumped the roof for some reason, possibly pissed/shitfaced so a couple of shallow dings there. 

Some fuckwit with a vendetta against red Micras put a pick through the bonnet many years ago. The bonnet was replaced and painted but they never clear coated it so is pogweaseled. Cunts.

Now has a massive high 60's or low 70 though on the clock. It gets a good looking over, serviced on a regular basis.

Recently needed a new set of plugs, as a FTP occurred, all was fine after that. 

I have a heater resistor coming to restore all of the heater speeds.

Had a new battery about 6 months ago but now died, not sure why. It's on charge now though. 

HRW works but the switch does not illuminate. I have one in the cupboard to fit.

Door pull handle has suffered mutilation through much wearing of rings. Again I have one in the cupboard t fit but CBA.

Interior is the usual grey. I fitted posh GX sun visors that have mirrors in them, whoa!!!

Steelies could do with a refurb as a bit rusty.

Underneath is as sound as a pound, the rear sill rust tends to afflict the 3 door models, this is a five door.

Osram headlight bulbs fitted and make a difference.

The hatch handle broke a few years ago and I fitted one from a face-lift, looks okay and works. 

She hardly ever uses it now so I can have a word if you are interested.

Probs £350 if she is interested.

My wife has an early 2000 Micra, it's one of the last before they switched the engine management to Bosch. We got it for around the money you're looking to spend so they're still out there.

We've had it a few months and had to do a few little jobs on it, but overall it's ok for an 18 year old car. It does have a dent in the rear quarter, and a cracked rear bumper which I still need to replace. The rear light was broken too but that's been replaced, and there's no damage to the boot or rear quarter on that side.

One thing that I do really dislike is having to use the key to open the boot, as it means you can't leave the engine running with the blower on and open the boot to get a scraper out. Does anyone know how easy it is to fit the remote boot release? And what parts are required?

PS - Sorry for the hijack.

Ken, another great and easy upgrade are GX rear speakers in the parcel shelf. Fitted them both to Mum and sister's Micras. All K11 Micras as far as I know have the connector installed and ready to plug and play.

The loom is the same throughout the models to my knowledge. Father_Fumbler had a 1.0L with rear wiper and radio fitted. He fitted the speakers himself. Lovely car in his opinion, apart from it now being a fridge and Heinz Beanz Canz

If your getting rid. Let me know please. Also what colour is the car as I may need some external parts.

P.S if mats are original/tailored, let me on them too.

I have some cut down Volvo mats that do the job quite well ....and its a silver car .....it has some good tyres on it as well

a set of carefully bodged volvo mats for a Micra anyone ?

What are you wanting for them? Got my partner a Facelift K11 for Christmas as her first car but it's sans floor mats.

Had a 5 door K11 I got for £120 and ran for 8 months before the gearbox ate itself. Sold it to a banger race for £20 more than I paid. Wicked cars.

v37lWyx.jpg

I'm going to be getting rid of my 1991 K10, 70k on the clock - 30k which I have put on. Utterly reliable, revvy little bomb proof 1.2 MA12 engine. Recently had 4 new toyos and full service including cam belt.

Oh and it's practically rust free!

Let me know if interested. Or indeed if anyone else is (will do a proper for sale post soon once I've cleaned her up).