Fully functional in car display

scaryoldcortina

I suppose I could probably be convinced to undertake some delivery of this fine motor conveyance.

Edit, I might have to retract this, it's not going where I thought it was!

If it's going where I suspect, it could for in nicely with a Clio 172 collection.

• 2 weeks later...

Vectra has been picked up, fuelled up, hoovered out and now I am making my way back;

post-3572-0-37651500-1547393788_thumb.jpg

It is a really nice cruiser. Quick when it needs to be, comfy etc.... So much so that I have asked Sam for baggsy on this when the time comes to sell.

SOC and Autofive, great to meet you guys!

ANYWAY.

Just got back, I felt like I've just driven across Europe.

From where I left off it was great to meet to SOC and Autofive. 2 legends of Autoshite.

I'd decided as I was probably gomna spend a few hours in the car I'd fill it up (£45 for half a tank) and give it a quick hoover as whoever had it before SOC almost certainly had a very hairy dog and liked thier take aways and sugary drinks!

post-3572-0-48135900-1547402325_thumb.jpg

post-3572-0-31489100-1547402379_thumb.jpg

Thia Vectra is honestly an excellent car. It is all the car anyone really needs. Yes its a Vauxhall and as the joke goes; orl Vauxhallz r shit....

But this one is solid, very quick, and a great motorway muncher/cruiser, plus for fun it'd hand a few Audis thier arses on a plate.

The handling felt a pretty tight but the confidence it gave wasn't very much so not really a 'twisties' car. Gear changes expected is nice and fluid.

The stereo is very good. I've always found Vauxhall stereos to be very good, lots of base and deep sound.

post-3572-0-90204200-1547402822_thumb.jpg

post-3572-0-30756500-1547402929_thumb.jpg

I've asked Sam for a baggsy on this car when the time comes to sell.

Y' know, it's occured to me that this is probably the 4th or even 5th time I've been upto the North East on Autoshite business. 1st time that I remember was when Red5 sold the Peugeot 205 Diesel to Jim Bell (visited Angyl at the same time to give him Rover 200 floor mats I got from Malvern) second time was when I went to fetch the Micra, 3rd time when I deposited the Deawoo Lanos to Jim Bell, and now again (but first time on train up) to pick up the Vectra! Seems Midlanders and North Easterners seem to like doing business with each other. I've also been in that area for other reasons such as family and dropping off a Zafira.

My BMW was originally registered in the North East but it fetched it from the Oxfordshire area.