HONDA INTEGRA

Mr_Bo11ox

Here is another of my heaps.

I bought this one in April from a lad in Preston who was going to scrap it then felt guilty, I gave him £75. It then sat in my garden for ages annoying the mrs, then got shoved in a mate's yard till a couple of months ago, when I finally pulled it in the workshop for some TLC. Its an 'EX16' 1.6 16V with a 125 bhp engine as found in a CRX. Its had two owners and done 107k so is not a concours job but is pretty decent and remarkably original, I think its had a front wing on it but is otherwise unmessed-with. I have fitted a new waterpump, cambelt, exhaust, assorted MOT bits (brake hoses, CV boots, wipers etc), tyres, and done quite a lot of welding on the rear of the sills/wheelarch area. Plus some faff activities like adjusting pop-up headlight positions etc to get the panel gaps bob-on again. This week it passed the MOT at last and I gave it a blezz. Its great. really zippy, the engine is very eager and sounds great. Driving position is very nice and everything works inside (radio aerial is snapped sadly)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Unfortunately, its too young for a classic insurance policy, does not get cheap tax, and is no good for towing stuff on the A frame, so its going to have to go to a new home as it does not really meet any of my motoring needs. I dont really want to get rid of it as these are now super rare and very appealing, but I am not in any gasping hurry to get rid so hopefully i'll find someone appreciative to take it on. I'm taking it home to Crewe over Xmas and will give it a good going over with the polishing mop which should be rewardsing as its a bit grubby after its workshop stint.

ooh Audi.. do tell more...... :D

Audi 200 2.2 quattro Turbo, B-reg, nice bodywork and superb mechanical bits but interior average and countless electrical issues, totally reliable (if cold - heater fan not working), tax and long MOT, not for sale just yet though as its my staple towing car, blah blah.

Always loved those Integra EX16's.....was a nice one owner one for sale back in Hampshire for £400.....3 weeks after I moved to Crewe. :roll: Let me know what you are after for that one when it's for sale Mr B, but the SWMBO does not share my enthusiasm for shite..How long are you in Crewe for?? I drove past a place over Coppenhall way the other day with a Honda Accord and a Renault 25 parked in a kind of yard with 4 or 5 garages at the back - have you seen it??

It does actually. I love the thought of these rare old heaps getting saved from the crusher, squared up and then passed on to people who appreciate them. Hopefully it will turn up in some 'spotted' threads in the future and carry on looking cool on the UK's roads for a little while longer.

DEFO NOT buying any more old crocks till I make a bit more headway on my existing tat backlog! Having said that, I have bought a 'Chrysler 180 fridge magnet' and stuck it on the fridge door. The idea is, i look at it every time i get something out of the fridge, and it reminds me to buy one of these cars in 2008!Its a good job that old mazda truck in France is a bit more than banger money too or i'd have a well itchy wallet.

DEFO NOT buying any more old crocks till I make a bit more headway on my existing tat backlog! Having said that, I have bought a 'Chrysler 180 fridge magnet' and stuck it on the fridge door. The idea is, i look at it every time i get something out of the fridge, and it reminds me to buy one of these cars in 2008!Its a good job that old mazda truck in France is a bit more than banger money too or i'd have a well itchy wallet.

How about a B1800? ;)

Having said that, I have bought a 'Chrysler 180 fridge magnet' and stuck it on the fridge door. The idea is, i look at it every time i get something out of the fridge, and it reminds me to buy one of these cars in 2008!

Will that be one of your New Year Resolutions then?Lose Weight.Stop Smoking.Buy Chrysler 180/2-Litre.We'll take a look at how well you stuck with not buying more stuff this time next year eh?...

Awesome work, I am well pleased it went so quickly to an appreciative owner without attracting the "too far etc etc" knobjocks or questions asking if you'd swap it for 128 broken Playstations.Are you gonna import a 180 from France then? Would be interested to know how you get on.In 2008 I am going to try and run my chuggas on veg oil, so I am researching in-line fuel heaters on the Bay.