A few spots from garycox...

garycox

Not many and not very good but I bought a USB Bluetooth thing the other day to resolve the ongoing argment between my rubbish phone and rubbish computer so I thought this would be a good way to try it out. There's a couple of old ones but most were taken on a wander round Hove during my lunch break on Friday.

Sorry for the crap phone camera quality and I'm clearly no photographer!

If the images are too bg don't panic, I'll try to resize them asap!

I think I'll do it in orger of 'interestingness' starting with the least interesting of course...

A Volvo. I like these, tend not to notice them so much though as there's still quite a few about...

Posted Image

An Alpine, of the 'classic' variety. Nice.

Posted Image

Mazda, 626? Sorry for the awful pic, I was feeling particularly lazy and couldn't be bothered to cross the road.

Posted Image

Mazda 121, very '90s' with it's bodykit and 3 spokes. Full length leccy sunroof thing too. Not so much a 'spot' though as it belongs to my friends. They've had it since nearly new and it's just coming up to it's annual pre-MOT weldathon, I'll probably have it when they've finished with it.

Posted Image

We've not had a CPTC for a while, so here's one for ya... Quite a difficult one, made harder by the crap photo and darkness!

Posted Image

XJS. Made me realise I've not seen one for ages!

Posted Image

Lovely Ascona, Miles away from the camera because I was late for work!

Posted Image

Great car, awful pics! I took some without the flash on but they were even worse! This is my oldest 'spot', taken in November. It lives near my parents though and I have seen it around since.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry, couldn't resist including a couple of pics of this, any excuse!

Posted Image

Posted Image

On to my top 3 Autoshite spots so far!. All taken in Hove...

Another Volvo... but this one's old, beige low spec and battered... perfect!

Posted Image

Mk2 Cavalier! This was parked outside a chuch and was in amazing condition. Lovely.

Posted Image

And finally, I've saved the 'best' til last...

An Alpine, of the 'OMG AUTOSHITE' variety! :shock::shock:

I haven't seen one of these early ones for... EVER!

Complete with wite bumpers and steelies, furry seat covers and a chain looped through the steering wheel for maximum security. This appeared next to where I work about a week ago and has been there since, hopefully it'll be staying! One day the front was up on axle stands and an old man was rummaging under the bonnet, the boot was open, revealing a huge random collection of greasy tools, no doubt they are all needed for a journey of more than about 10 yards...

Posted Image

Posted Image

8)

Mazda 121, very '90s' with it's bodykit and 3 spokes. Full length leccy sunroof thing too. Not so much a 'spot' though as it belongs to my friends. They've had it since nearly new and it's just coming up to it's annual pre-MOT weldathon, I'll probably have it when they've finished with it.

Posted Image

See a few 121's over here in Holland in great condition - presumably they got better rust protection compared to the UK and especially the JDM versions.

My mums little 121 was a great car overall totally bullet proof but somehow lacking in horsepower with the autobox...

It's been passed on to a mate now who's supposedly going to get it all welded up and back on the road :wink:

Not seen that headlight configuration on an XJ-S before.

US spec lights. Common 'tweak' as the huge oval ones XJ-S's are fitted with as standard are bloody hopeless. Use proper RHD halogen jobs instead of US sealed beams, natch.

Chrysler Alpine caused me to shout "SHIT THE BED!", which led to a minor telling off from 'Er Indoors. Worth it though, because that is the pinnacle of Shite right there. I reckon you could be in with a shot of 'shite spot of the year' with that one. LEGEND.

I thought the Sunbeam would be a Tiger, it definitely had an 'Alpine' badge though.Taking those Chrysler pics was what made me bother to go to Argos to ge the USB thing in the first place, I couldn't let that go unmentioned! I'm willing to leave a note on it if anybody wants me to (If it's still there on Monday lunch time). If the bloke's there I'll try to have a chat with him if I have time.The Galant's back in Bexley, but I'll put a cad on it next time I'm there! And take a better photo.

USB bluetooth eh? That might be the answer to my problem as well, I`ve got 2 Motorola razrs full of spots and neither of them will talk to my PC via a cable. Was it expensive? Anyway sod all that, I want that Blue Alpine, I can`t afford to pay for it in cash but he can have all the stuff out of my flat and I might be able to persuade someone I know to go and give him a hand-job in some bushes or something, do you reckon he`d be up for it?

It was £9.99 from Argos. Number 675/8318 according to the receipt!My computer refuses to work with 'Samsung PC Suite' for some reason, just won't connect to the phone. This took about a minute to install and works fine so far...

USB bluetooth eh? That might be the answer to my problem as well, I`ve got 2 Motorola razrs full of spots and neither of them will talk to my PC via a cable. Was it expensive?

They don't need to be - how does a Super Mini Bluetooth 2.0 Adapter Dongle (Vista Compatible) for £1.86 sound?http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11866~r.91142929

UPDATE.

The Alpine's moved since last weekend, it had a Brighton & Hove parking permit on it though so I'll keep my eyes peeled and try to track it down.

Anyway, some more spots, nothing spectacular this time, all taken in Brighton and Hove this week.

Firstly, a CF. this hasn't moved for ages but it was taxed til the end of July. Now that's run out it can't have much longer left...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Brown Mercedes

Posted Image

VP

Posted Image

BX with added plastic bits

Posted Image

309, not as good as it looks.

Posted Image

Golf and Land Rover

Posted Image

Morris

Posted Image

Transit in the dark

Posted Image

This DS ambulance has been spotted before, worth repeating though. It's starting to get a bit crusty.

Posted Image

Mk2 Fiesta, loaded with garden rubbish...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fiat

Posted Image

Capri, 2.0 Laser I think. Looks like it's not moved for a while.

Posted Image

Lancia Dedra

Posted Image

There are seemingly millions of VW campers in Brighton, this one was particularly shitey though.

Posted Image

Included this one as the owner has painted a random patch on the front, in an obvious attempt to make it look a bit like a Commer.

Posted Image

Earlyish Nova and Camry, It's like being in 1992!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Galant, not that old but it's been ages since I saw one.

Posted Image

Astra Estate

Posted Image

The last time I saw an Alpine that old was about early post millennium, an R reg one lived locally, in a light gold / beige type colour. Used to see it drive past my bus stop most mornings. Turns out it was owned by a fireman, I saw it one day in the compound of the fire station, fearing the worst I popped in with camera in hand & enquired about it. Apparently it was unroadworthy & was going to be chopped up for a demonstration on the forthcoming open day. Makes me sad just thinking about it :cry: If I'd had my wits about me & the time to sort it, I could have found some old crud & offered to swap it with them in order to save it! Got a couple of nice shots of it though round the back of the Fire Station. Needless to say, I didn't go to the open day...

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!

Very nice Carlton

Posted Image

Lovely Acclaim

Posted Image

It's rare to see a Mini these days which isn't a Cooper, a Cooper lookalike or stupidly modified...

Posted Image

This was/is for sale, no price specified though and it doesn't look quite as good as the pic makes out.

Posted Image

When the Black and red early Metro local to me was put on ebay I was quite disappointed, it's been replaced by this though! GR8!

Posted Image

Posted Image

That Nova again, this time it's found a Capri for company...

Posted Image

Another Carlton, a 2000L in shiny red, driven by an oldish lady.

Posted Image

Cowley

Posted Image

XG30

Posted Image

This Corolla was on death row at Just MOTs in Brighton

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shiny but shitey Ballade

Posted Image

Supa-shiny Montego Estate, no faded reds here!

Posted Image