Peugeot 406 Coupe - 4 sail NOW £550!

robinmasters

I have been (very mildly) berated in the past for starting a thread about an early noughties car in the modern section, so I was in two minds about where to put this. 

Having said that, it is a development of a car very popular here, and the more common version is relatively well thought of too. As this is model is relatively *RAER* (the type in general, this specific car is one of a limited run of 400) and due to unpopularity, is pretty much at the bottom of it's depreciation curve, I think it just scrapes in here.

However, my usual warning applies; anyone of a nervous disposition, with a particular aversion to nineties French tat, please look away now.

I’ve never been to Rye. But apparently some of Bob Marley’s ancestors have, his grand grandfather Frederick was apparently born there. Maybe the lack of women drove him to move to the West Indies and tell his great grandson about this tale, giving birth to the idea that eventually became “No woman no Rye”

Frederick was a big fan of preserves as well....

Many apologies on the colour, I was hoping to find something brighter, but colour is way down the list of requirements.

Here it is:

post-5742-0-54344000-1546172829_thumb.jpg

No pez shot, it's got plenty.

It's a 2.2 HDI Silver Edition. They only made 407 silver and black editions, 257 diesel and 150 petrol, half in black, half silver. Nobody knows whether the odd seven are black or silver; apparently they were built by mistake. 

As I said it's a 2.2 HDi, it's manual, and the alloys & half-leather interior are unique to this model. It also came with the upgraded stereo and cruise control.

No 'good old boys' drinking whiskey, at least not in the vicinity of the railway station. 

attachicon.gifIMG_20181230_104752.jpg

No. We do all the street drinking on the other side of that supermarket you can see in your photo. Don't know about whiskey mind, White Lightning is still very much en vogue in Rye. 

Anyway, top purchasing. I'd love a V6 Coupe, although I hear they're Oliver Reed thirsty.

• 1 month later...

I've just bastarding typed out the whole sales post, then lost it.

Anyway, it's for sale. I haven't 'bonded' with it. Another car I like the idea of more than the reality; it's just not me.

To re-cap:

Many apologies on the colour, I was hoping to find something brighter, but colour is way down the list of requirements.

Here it is:

attachicon.gifIMG_20181230_122522.jpg

No pez shot, it's got plenty.

It's a 2.2 HDI Silver Edition. They only made 407 silver and black editions, 257 diesel and 150 petrol, half in black, half silver. Nobody knows whether the odd seven are black or silver; apparently they were built by mistake. 

As I said it's a 2.2 HDi, it's manual, and the alloys & half-leather interior are unique to this model. It also came with the upgraded stereo and cruise control.

MOT until November, 163k. Foibles: passenger window occasionally jumps out of it's channel, locking doesn't always work from the drivers side. Boot handle is a bit gammy (TADTS). Minor rust where the Italians bolted on the shapely back end (again, they all did).

This is for sale only; we'll have no roffle here. £750, but a generous 10% shiters discount applies. On top of that, I'll let you negotiate a fight 3 1/3rd % off before I ask you to 'owd aht yer ahnd'. For anyone who can't be bothered to do the hilarious* maths, that's £650 to you squire.

post-5742-0-27868000-1550612781_thumb.jpg

post-5742-0-22217600-1550612796_thumb.jpg

post-5742-0-61195400-1550612811_thumb.jpg

post-5742-0-83482200-1550612827_thumb.jpg

post-5742-0-18000800-1550612846_thumb.jpg