Clitroen ZX. Saved. Phew

95 quid Peugeot

95 quid mansions pool car the ZX 1.9 na diesel is most probably going to the great bridge in the sky.

Excellent engine and box. I think veg friendly

Anyone need parts or complete car.

R181BPV.

Remove my car. 144 quid

post-20451-0-29175600-1546101410_thumb.png

Stowmarket suffolk.

MOT. 18 February for legal drive away

Any sensible offer on complete car from the beige

May be*/definitely* am interested.

Q1 do the rear wheels lean out/in?

Q2 when was the last cam belt change?

Q3 is the clutch light?

Q4 is there a clonk from the rear when going over bumps?

Q5 what is the rust around the front turrets like?

and a new one for the new MOT changes

Q6 if you floor the throttle is there any smoke emitted?

Regards

É  Ñosbod

May be*/definitely* am interested.

Q1 do the rear wheels lean out/in?

Q2 when was the last cam belt change?

Q3 is the clutch light?

Q4 is there a clonk from the rear when going over bumps?

Q5 what is the rust around the front turrets like?

and a new one for the new MOT changes

Q6 if you floor the throttle is there any smoke emitted?

Regards

É  Ñosbod

There's another 3 door ZX available that has all of the points covered that you have asked about but quite obviously it is 3x the price as the one advertised above is scrap value and a bargain at that.

Asking whether something old and PSA has a /—\ back axle and when the cambelt's due are perfectly reasonable questions to ask, no matter what the asking price. If they're both overdue then it makes a decision much easier. If you can't ask vital simple stuff like that on here it's a shame - where else is there where anyone would consider a £140 car as the next two years' transport?

Clearly there's a line in the sand with this sort of thing, but Autoshite was once the most tolerant, broad-minded online community I knew. Criticising people for daring ask questions about a car because it's inexpensive is a form of sneering, I thought this place was all about making good use of what others throw away?

Just because it’s for sale on here doesn’t mean asking eBay/Gumtree style stupid questions about an old nail that is being advertised for scrap money is OK - he could bridge it for the asking price, why not go along with £144 and have a look at the pissing thing?

If all of the answers to the questions being asked were positive I would wager it would be worth more than what the scrappers will pay.

Asking whether something old and PSA has a /—\ back axle and when the cambelt's due are perfectly reasonable questions to ask, no matter what the asking price. If they're both overdue then it makes a decision much easier. If you can't ask vital simple stuff like that on here it's a shame - where else is there where anyone would consider a £140 car as the next two years' transport?

Clearly there's a line in the sand with this sort of thing, but Autoshite was once the most tolerant, broad-minded online community I knew. Criticising people for daring ask questions about a car because it's inexpensive is a form of sneering, I thought this place was all about making good use of what others throw away?

Times do change though as do asking prices. I bought a perfectly serviceable Audi Coupe 1.8 years ago that cost me £20. Those days are long gone.

He got stung with the Sedan that I sold him, because it turned out to be a bit of a nail (known problems which turned out to be worse, as I recall). I don't see why asking sensible, clear questions is a problem?

A Cheapy McCheapface car can very easily turn into a relatively expensive car if you don't walk in with your eyes open.

I doubt any of those asking questions expect the car to be anywhere near good in every safety and cost respect, but a simple quick answer would help them decide if it could be useful or not.

Surely ten or twenty words fired off online for everyone to read which could save even an hour and a half is acceptable? And if the seller doesn't feel happy doing so, that's fine.

It's just the sneering at people who dare ask questions which would be seen as perfectly ok if the car was all of £600 I find a bit sad. Like it's the money which matters most, and that below a certain level nobody has any right to enquire.

Yo, is that visible smoke thing a reality for a 1997 car, because surely every old diesel is gonna have a massive fail at the next test? I thought shizz like that only applied to cars which are supposed to conform to modern emission rules to start with?

*starts counting down days till the 406 runs out of ticket*

And yeah, stop sneering, asking sensible questions about a car isn't exactly a bad idea. For some people £140 is meaningless small change but for others its a significant sum and wasting a day/cash on travel to answer questions that could be transmitted online isn't gonna make you feel great if the thing ends up being a nail. There's no reason why an undesirable old car shouldn't cost £140 and go on indefinitely. Tbh that's about the going rate for a ZX in 2018.

Pic of my last UK ZX 1.9D (I do have previous) with it's new 125 euro cambelt and water pump but facing it's last 1000km trip with non-operating clutch then death by MOT fail. Only asked questions but if the OP doesn't want to answer - rather then other people answering for him/her -  then I'll move on. 

PS I'll check for my las, post April 2018,  n/a diesel fail for smoke which needed a couple of injector pump twiddles to pass but giving a top speed of 70kph.

post-7239-0-90595600-1546123832_thumb.jpg

Yo, is that visible smoke thing a reality for a 1997 car, because surely every old diesel is gonna have a massive fail at the next test? I thought shizz like that only applied to cars which are supposed to conform to modern emission rules to start with?

*starts counting down days till the 406 runs out of ticket*

From experience of my shite/others shite I think it's one of those things that is down to how your tester takes it. I'd take your 406 to a tester who is sympathetic to old cars and you should be fine, as long as it doesn't make a Goldfinger style smoke screen.

Okey doke. My tester is of the 'anything goes' school ("you will get those headlamps working soon right?") so I might be in with a chance. It is a bit Goldfinger when you put the boot down on the motorway but it's better in the summer

Yeah, Castro B got shafted by his tester on my Sedan IMO. One of the things it failed on was excessive smoke, when I know for a fact my guy would not have failed it on smoke.