Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ask a Shiter

• Please log in to reply
22359 replies to this topic

#22351 OFFLINE   Bfg

Bfg

• Full Members
  • 1,738 posts
  • 35 thanks
  • LocationWesterfield, Suffolk, England, UK

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:11 PM

If you can get them towards Newark I'll bring them back to Stowmarket

I’m in Barnsley if it helps... could look to collect and wrap up for a courier or may be able to get Newark way (fairly regularly going to Lincoln at the moment)

re. four scruffy steel 15" wheels without tyres.  

Hi Guys., my offer was rejected ..but a counter-offer came through and I've accepted n' paid that.

I've dropped the seller a note asking for contact details to pass on to  si1881.. As soon as I have it I'll PM  you.. 

There's no urgency on my part, so whenever at both your convenience. ;)

Most grateful,

Bfg.

...its a bloody motor car  ..not a Fabergé egg. !

< Here > is a link to my former Sunbeam S7 / S8 motorcycle restoration business website.

And the story of my buying & now restoring a  1974 Yugoslavian Ami-Super  is < Here >

#22352 OFFLINE   95 quid Peugeot

95 quid Peugeot

• Full Members
  • 1,046 posts
  • 31 thanks
  • LocationSuffuck

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:17 PM

I'm at work tues and wed

CHOD

Now with added updates

Peugeot 406 HDI estate...now in Bramz hands, well for a few days!!

Citroen C5 estate, Purchased from Flat4alfa's dad 10/18,  (The .45p per mile winna         +++ Different C5 Estate ex Bramz/Chrisjvm

XC70 Mrs 95's horsey hack

The mighty Citroen ZX still..... sold .roffled. and bought back from winner...........  95 quid mansions pool car.

Inbetweeners

Cactus returning a surprising 63.9 mpg as Mrs 95's work car

NICE SHITE (Now much reduced in Number)

Volvo 240 Torslander

Rover 110 P4 East Anglian classic car auction impulse buy

Renault Dauphine,

And the ones come and gone in the couple of years on here, Gaylanders x2.....Rover 75 x2 ... Volvo V70 x2... BMW Z4.....Bristol 603...Saab 96...Safrane roffle car....TR4... Mach 1 Mustang...TR7....Offsprings Labia estate..

Thanked by 1 Member:
Bfg

#22353 OFFLINE   DSdriver

DSdriver

• Full Members
  • 3,991 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationLiving with a schizophrenic parrot

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:58 PM

Is there a difference between Saab 9-3 and 9-5 wheels? My 9-5 has 215/55R16 tyres and the 9-3 has 205/50R16. The 9-3 needs a new set so I was wondering if I could get a set of 215s and hopefully improve the ride comfort as the 9-5 is much smoother over the bumps.
I would normally take the wheels off and swap them over to see what happens but have medical problems so me jacking up two cars and undoing eight sets of wheel nuts is not allowed.
Whilst studying the tyres I noticed the 9-5 has three el-cheapo M+S and one Michelin summer tyre. Am I right in thinking that the Michelin is on a par with the others?
JohnF said:
"I have to say, I don't really like the styling of Citroens.

But I just love the fact that they exist."

#22354 OFFLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

Grange Hill's Sausage on a fork

• Full Members
  • 3,368 posts
  • 50 thanks
  • LocationSomewhere being your friend, Row-land

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:12 PM

Is there a difference between Saab 9-3 and 9-5 wheels? My 9-5 has 215/55R16 tyres and the 9-3 has 205/50R16. The 9-3 needs a new set so I was wondering if I could get a set of 215s and hopefully improve the ride comfort as the 9-5 is much smoother over the bumps.
I would normally take the wheels off and swap them over to see what happens but have medical problems so me jacking up two cars and undoing eight sets of wheel nuts is not allowed.
Whilst studying the tyres I noticed the 9-5 has three el-cheapo M+S and one Michelin summer tyre. Am I right in thinking that the Michelin is on a par with the others?

The alloy wheels fitted to my 9-3 I have seen also fitted to a 9-5. Fitting 215/55s to the 9-3 may make the speedo read out.

It may just be the set fitted to your 9-3 have very firm or stiff sidewalls, or aren't much cop. I have Avons fitted to the front of my 9-3, and they feel pretty good 

• DSdriver likes this

Dream shite.

Talbot Sunbeam - Mini pref. 1275GT - Shove-it - Viva HC - Samba - Triumph Dolly - Triumph 2000 - Avenger - Pug 205 with a suitcase engine - AEC Mammoth Major - Hillman Hunter - Allegro - another Simca would be nice as well - Pug 309 with a Poissy engine - Routemaster

#22355 OFFLINE   Scotty2

Scotty2

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 74 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 02:28 PM

Does anyone know the part number for the reverse light switch on a 1989 Metro VDP? I have bought two over the last year and neither fit. Pic of the original one and one that doesn't fit.

20170429_134406.jpg

In position:

20170410_183324.jpg

Ta.

#22356 OFFLINE   Tenmil Socket

Tenmil Socket

• Full Members
  • 143 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 03:28 PM

Has anyone else noticed the amount of cars driving round with rear number plates that have almost gone white? I'm assuming sun damage? It's typically on newer cars...

Originally Posted by leedsrhinos126 
talking about bodge jobs i am currently using my 125cc scooter with Sockets as front

wheel bearings, its scary but it works (21mm + 20mm if ur interested lol)

#22357 OFFLINE   HarmonicCheeseburger

HarmonicCheeseburger

• Full Members
  • 1,679 posts
  • 17 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 07:49 PM

Thinking of getting some Delinte tyres fitted to the K11, price is very nice given the recent insurance+tax bills. Anyone had experience with the brand beyond what the one thread I've found so far? 

1994 K11 1.0 CVT Micra - Spent way more then needed but loving it :)

#22358 OFFLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

Grange Hill's Sausage on a fork

• Full Members
  • 3,368 posts
  • 50 thanks
  • LocationSomewhere being your friend, Row-land

Posted Today, 07:20 AM

2 Saab related questions. Z19DTH engine

1. Studying videos and internets on removing the fuel pump some sources say the fuel pump is timed as well, others say it's not. Which one is it?

2. New manifold comes with flap actuator motor and the sensor on the top - is this plug & play or do I need to retain my original for full compatibility?

3. what size are the engine mount bolt heads - E14 or E16?

Dream shite.

Talbot Sunbeam - Mini pref. 1275GT - Shove-it - Viva HC - Samba - Triumph Dolly - Triumph 2000 - Avenger - Pug 205 with a suitcase engine - AEC Mammoth Major - Hillman Hunter - Allegro - another Simca would be nice as well - Pug 309 with a Poissy engine - Routemaster

#22359 OFFLINE   omegod

omegod

• Full Members
  • 2,222 posts
  • 30 thanks
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted Today, 08:45 AM

Has anyone else noticed the amount of cars driving round with rear number plates that have almost gone white? I'm assuming sun damage? It's typically on newer cars...

Seems to be brand new ones that I see with these plates , look weird

#22360 OFFLINE   Bfg

Bfg

• Full Members
  • 1,738 posts
  • 35 thanks
  • LocationWesterfield, Suffolk, England, UK

Posted Today, 07:06 PM

Hi I'm a Bfg., and . . . . . . . . . .  I am a car 'project' addict. 

There I said it !

..  but I just can't help myself.    :?

Anyway., even before clearing what I already have unfinished in the garage - I'm craving my next fix.  This will be the last time  ..honest !  

But that's another story.  

Anyone familiar with American cars here ? Because for now I want to ask about U.S. automobile inspection or tax bumper stickers. . 

A_7604.jpg

On a 1960's autom0bile presently in Arizona car, this sticker clearly says  A.7604.  But would I be correct in thinking this means it was last registered, inspected or taxed for the road in Arizona 1976 April.  ..Some 43 years ago this very month ?  Or are the numbers arbitrary and just as the vehicles were checked through the system ? 

Thanks

Bfg  ;)

...its a bloody motor car  ..not a Fabergé egg. !

< Here > is a link to my former Sunbeam S7 / S8 motorcycle restoration business website.

And the story of my buying & now restoring a  1974 Yugoslavian Ami-Super  is < Here >

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users