Dutch spots - UK spots actually this time...

michiel

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a small update:

1971 280 SEL 3.5:

Posted Image

Posted Image

1972 3500

Posted Image

1980 264 GL

Posted Image

Posted Image

1984 Vanden Plas

Posted Image

1980 Scimitar Auto on LPG

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wanted to crawl under the nearest car when I saw this '73 Continental, which is as big as a small continent:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SD1's lasted until '86, though there are a few '87 (e-plate) Vitesse ones around, presumably because there was little else that could touch them for use as high-speed pursuit cars by the 5-0.

I believe the Met bought a batch of them when they were told it was going out of production and put them away to register later.There was a firm I used to go past on my way to school where one of the company cars was an E-reg 2300S. It stuck in my mind as unusual even then.

Yup, MetPlod stockpiled at least 50 twin-plenum Vitesses, so the rumours go. Thames Valley Plod did the same with the Omega as well, there's MV6s still in service on 05 plates so at least a year after they were removed from public sale.That E-plate 2300S sounds like it may have been stored in a compound for a while before registration, Mash. I was under the impression from one of those "1986 Motorfair" catalogues that only the 2.6 and Vitesse were left in production when the 800 was released in early '86.

• 3 weeks later...

There are more DSs than coffeeshops in Amsterdam...

Posted Image

I went out to buy some painkillers, came back to see this parked around the corner. Owner (in the green shirt) was very nice, bought it recently and came to show it to his parents.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1965 MPW S3 Continental, one of 10 built, this one for Rex Harrison as a prize when he won an Academy Award for My Fair Lady. What a car!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A 2CV with 4 headlights - hope you believe me...

Posted Image

1993 Volante - low profile tyres are for poor people.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1970 Volvo 145 - as grey as the sky over Holland.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1973 (although the plates suggest it's much older) HY camper with a rare 'magpie' mascotte.

Posted Image

Posted Image