Cheapish Estate car required.

Volksy

Hey all, 

My mate has just had a FTP in his old Focus Diesel, looking like an injector pump fail. so he has about a grand to spend on something else. anyone got anything for sale?

He runs his own business, and likes floating around on surf boards of a weekend so needs an estate - or a large hatch.

Let me know whats about, based in the north east, but can engage collection mission from elsewhere is required. 

At the moment the Cruiser is doing nowt - either the under-passenger seat battery has disconnected itself or there's a short/blown fuse somewhere - should be simple fix, happened after the torrential rain earlier this week - I'll be sorting this weekend.

Description:

• very rattly at idle, possibly a crankshaft pulley bearing or similar - doesn't affect anything, just causes embarrassment when at rest in traffic
  • usual suspension issues - sound like a wobbleboard which is usually the Watts link at the rear, TADTS - was an advisory
  • has had a lot spent on it over the years by previous owners and the one killer of these CRDs is a fucked clutch - thankfully this was done a few years ago, and is probably the best clutch I've ever had in a car
  • Mercedes common rail diesel engine, pretty economical (but not mahoosive MPG)
  • at some point in time it appears to have been remapped as it goes misleadingly fast when you put your foot down (aka 'pulls like a train, bruv, innit')
  • incredibly versatile - I always have the back seats down and there's bags of room up back
  • will ideally need a proper AGM battery which costs £170 from Tayna, but it runs okay on a cheapie lead-acid as long as you keep driving it most days - only stuffs me when I leave it a couple of weeks, and has a weedy Corsa battery in it or something - solar battery trickle charger recommended (about £15 on Amazon)
  • matt black, and some usual age-related bumps and grinds
  • Aldi wheels, tyres all good
  • uber rare sunroof on these
  • bookpack with radio code etc
  • tiny service history/invoices etc
  • can sometimes be a sod to change gear in as a consequence of incorrect selection, easily done, again TADTS

It's a solid car, probably needs preventative rustproofing at some point in time.

Tom's original discovery thread http://autoshite.com/topic/29624-ptsd-cruiser-sold-pending-collection/

Also available is my slightly* shonky Grand Voyager. On Gumtree for an optimistic grand. Substantial Shiters and friends of Shiters discount available. Or an additional spares car Grand Voyager of exactly the same age and engine (but a different colour). PM me if interested.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/chrysler/grand-voyager-limited-3.3-petrol-auto-with-lpg-conversion-dark-blue-with-grey-leather/1324081211

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

http://autoshite.com/topic/33667-brand-new-mitsubishi-lancer-estate-boring-car-for-sale-or-roffle/?hl=lancer

This currently has a couple of electrical issues, namely the stereo and remote locking not working, my own doing. Have got it booked into my local autospark over the holidays however

I think this looks like the best thing for the OP's requirements. In budget, massive, practically new, not broken.

Still slightly tempted by it myself though, might be in touch if my MG fails MOT badly soon...

I have this which is probably worth £850

http://autoshite.com/topic/22556-volvo-v70-diesel-collection-not-in-advance-not-live/

It's just clicked past 190,000 miles but it's had its cambelt done last year and got about 10 months MoT on it.  I don't need to sell it but if someone doesn't take it off me I'll probably keep the thing until I die

• 2 weeks later...