E is for... exiting the fleet.

cms206

All is not well at CMS_TOWERS.

My 850TDi's MOT expired. I am MEGA SHORT of coins for the spending thereof. It needs welding.

The Montego has no heating and is a saloon that dissolves; see also, the Stellar.

The Pride has been waiting on parts that I have had no coins to pay for. Also, it is small

The Council Estate is also out of MOT; it also has issues, namely coins.

I did what anyone sensible would do. I chatted up a nice young man to see if he had cheap goodies, and if he wanted an 850TDi as a trade in.

He did. And he did.

And today, he did a deliver.

E is for... Excellence in Europe, if a Mr Christopher Goffey's 1993 road test is to believed.

My first Japanese car, ladies and gentlemen, is from Derbyshire.b6e7c19b1b5139fdbc4a43f48363450c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This one is a 1.6 in my favoured trim level of "estate with heaters".

Pictures flatter it a bit.

It drives really quite a bit better than I expected of it, most of it works and it came with petrol in the tank.

The stereo is brilliant. The indicators are correctly sided too.

The wiper linkage is baggy.b15948d86ca24348b86da00e292f0ed0.jpgc7b2f4240b5cc7e1092b13025170fa6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Phenomenal.

I really wanted one of these a few years back, but I couldn't seem to find any for sale significantly closer than Ascension Island, rather disappointingly.

You, sir, have just bought yourself a one-way ticket to Winsville, population: YOU.

Enjoy!

https://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/1997-toyota-carina-estate-1800cc-taxed-mot-d-until-april-2019/1323485471

MOT history = no rust!

If you weren't at the other end of the country I'd come over and we could play 'spot the difference' with interiors with my Celica. Good to see the handbrake lever is as comically oversized in the Carina as it is in my celica. Like its come out of a truck or been nicked from a railway signal box or something.

11/7 would read again, can we go by a cashpoint m8?