Greetings, one and all.

Colonel Privet

May I take this opportunity to introduce myself? I was going to describe myself as a lurker, but that’s not strictly true. I found this site ages ago, signed up and promptly forgot all about it! I rediscovered it the other day and thought it about time I added my 2d worth. I’m a long time devotee of automotive shite, being something of a recovering Mk IV Zephyr/Zodiac addict – I’ve owned five Dagenham Dustbins to date, none of which is still with me, I hasten to add. Currently, I’m living with a MkIV Cortina, a MkI Golf, a Bedford CF1 Dormobile and an Alfa 156. Other things in my murky past include various Cortinas, Metros, Allegros, Arrow Rootes things and one XJ40. One day, I might provide a complete list, with photographic evidence if you like…

Now then - never expected such a quick response!pompei - the 156 has been fine so far. Bought her just over 2 years ago and had a new cam belt straight away, just in case. Put 2 new rear discs on last november because the originals were getting a bit past it. Other than that, had no aggro at all. So far...China Tom - No, 'fraid not. Mine was a a '91 Sovereign (J84 UNA) in metallic dark blue with tan leather interior and the usual auto box. Last I heard, it was living in Birkenhead.mouseflakes and VWPowered - photos will be forthcoming as soon as I've found some decent ones!

Let's have a go, then. For a kick off, here's a couple of the current fleet. First, the lovely 'Tina:

Posted Image

Then, the CF1. It's the only pic I can find at the moment. Apologies for it being partly obscured by a couple of Alfas:

Posted Image

Now for the big Ford enthusiasts, I ran this beast from 1995 to 2002:

Posted Image

Bear with me, chaps. There'll be much more to come...

I warned you there would be more...

One for the Rootes fans:

This was my everyday runabout a few years ago - with my mate's Super Minx hiding in the background.

Posted Image

And now for some dustbins, the Dagenham variety:

Grotty V4:

Posted Image

...which ended up as a spares car to give life back to a nice V6 DeLuxe:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't know what became of the Zody. The chap I sold it to sold it on shortly after and last I heard it was in Ireland somewhere. Anyway, here's another shot of it from the other end:

Posted Image

You know, looking at all these again just makes me want another one...

Bloody hell. I've driven the last one I think. About 15 years ago when it belonged to a lad near me. I'm sure it's that one. Same colour, Scouse plate, but I think it had Yank aftermarket alloys on, so I could be wrong. I think they were off a Mustang or summat, similar to the ones on the General Lee, kind of multispokes in a radial pattern. It looked ace.I too, love the Cortina. I've owned loads of Mk4 and 5 Cortinas. Funnily enough, we used to hunt for beige ones to buy as they always seemed to be less rusty than other colours.

Small world indeed! I bought it off a bloke in Wallasey back in '95 (I was living in New Brighton at the time). It did indeed have some ludicrous Mustang alloys on back then. Fortunately, I had a full set of wheels and trims off a previous Flying Pig lying in the shed that actually fit properly :!: I think I've still got some paperwork that came with it lying around somewhere. Apparently, when it was new it was the Lord Mayor of Warrington's official car.

Small world indeed! I bought it off a bloke in Wallasey back in '95 (I was living in New Brighton at the time). It did indeed have some ludicrous Mustang alloys on back then. Fortunately, I had a full set of wheels and trims off a previous Flying Pig lying in the shed that actually fit properly :!: I think I've still got some paperwork that came with it lying around somewhere. Apparently, when it was new it was the Lord Mayor of Warrington's official car.

Tommy Larkin. That's the name of the bloke who owned it. He had it for years, worked in an automatic transmission place.I always wanted that car, even though it was probably the most wallowy old thing I've ever driven.

Ooh, just found another one. This wonderful piece of Leyland metal was my everyday car for most of '03/'04. Part of its appeal was the looks I would get turning up to business meetings in it and parking it next to the line of obligatory silver Merc C180s...

Posted Image

Wonderful. Like your style re. the business meetings. I'd like to think you'd have a brown flared suit, kipper tie, half smoked fag hanging out of your mouth & all of your documents for said meetings strewn all over the floor of the car. Plus loads of empty Stella cans all over the floor (or floor chimes as comedian Rich Hall referred to them).

Any more pics of this fine steed?

I'll try and dig some out. Never knew she died in '03 :cry: Was a cracking little motor when I had her - always started first turn of the key and never let me down once.

I'd like to think you'd have a brown flared suit, kipper tie, half smoked fag hanging out of your mouth & all of your documents for said meetings strewn all over the floor of the car. Plus loads of empty Stella cans all over the floor (or floor chimes as comedian Rich Hall referred to them).

You've been to one of my meetings, then?