The Citroen Berlingo E500 Electronique...

gtd2000

We used to have a pair of electric 106s at work, they were on 02 plates as I recall. Everyone else used to say they were useless and could only do thirty miles.

I found them really nice to drive (toasty in winter with the petrol fired heater that was like a bloody blast furnace), and I routinely used to get 60-70 miles with enough charge left to get back to base without issues. The range really benefits from forward planning and smooth, steady driving around town.

I'd love one as a local runaround to be honest, but they seem usually to fetch more cash than I'm willing to throw at a toy. Especially when I've no room for it...

The 106 at least did use some odd nickel salt battery which required periodic maintenance...no idea about the later ones.

They disappeared after a couple of years due to "problems" - most of which were because people were too bloody lazy to plug the damn thing in when they were done, which was absolutely maddening to discover at 8am on a Monday morning. Think I was the only one, but I was really sad to see them go.

There is a 10 plate for sale on eBay at £600 right now up in Falkirk - seems to have duff batteries but for some reason - despite being pre March 2015 seems to require an MoT.

I had this watchlisted but now wish I'd stuck a speculative bid on; it's ended on £1400. On the basis of the battery pack alone, which is an asset that would cost you £10,000 to buy new, this was bargainous. Split in two it would have provided a sexy battery upgrade for two Electriques with fucked or absent batteries. There's also a bit of scratch to be made from the rest, the motor, inverter, BMS, charger, the eberspacher cabin heater and the rest of the pug bits. D'oh!

I had this watchlisted but now wish I'd stuck a speculative bid on; it's ended on £1400. On the basis of the battery pack alone, which is an asset that would cost you £10,000 to buy new, this was bargainous. Split in two it would have provided a sexy battery upgrade for two Electriques with fucked or absent batteries. There's also a bit of scratch to be made from the rest, the motor, inverter, BMS, charger, the eberspacher cabin heater and the rest of the pug bits. D'oh!

Annnd we're back in the room; unsurprisingly the illiterate vendor has been pinged by a timewaster and it's back on sale, so I get another opportunity to play 'red wine and ebay roulette'. Anyone want to chip in on a group buy?

• 1 month later...

Bumped into my pal last night. I mentioned the three Vans.

I'm going to pass.

If anybody is interested he'd like to sell the three of them in a job lot if possible

One of them has a load full of deep cycle batteries in the back.