Lotus Elan..Lots of trouble....you know the drill!!

djb222

Back in May I decided to get My 68' Lotus Elan S4 SE out of hibernation for the good weather, however I noticed a ticking from the front of the engine....... The fan pulley was just catching. Further delving showed play in the water pump shaft/bearing. This is a very common issue.

Now on an Elan it's a head off job so, I orders a kit and takes off the head. Then I spots that the exhaust valve guides are weeping so they need changing. Then I decide to totally strip the engine bay and loom for a tidy up and respray it. You can see where this is going........

Here are a couple of videos ......

I wasn't keen on the styling of the M100 when it first came out, however there is no doubt it carried the great handling characteristics of it's more loved predecessors.  My cousin had one a few years back and loved it. It's also the easiest way into Lotus ownership.

I've certainly a lot of work to do and loads more vids to do.....watch this space..

As for the best looking Lotus...it has to be the original Lotus Elite...in fact I would say the best car design ever Simple and Pure.

Press talking shit about them because they were FWD and had an Isuzu engine.

Odd that, press talking shit.

You cannot win with The Press. We also sold Mitsubishis, Japan’s premier car maker. The 3000GT was an incredible car. Went like fuck, utterly safe and predictable, stopped on a Yen. But The Press said it was too safe, too boring. Cunts. Along with the 300XZ twin turbo Nissan it offered serious on road performance and ability for the same price as some 230CE shitbox.

The FWD Elan was/is a superb car.

An MX5 for people with money and taste.

I dated a lass with one for a little while. They were just a cramped ragtopped nova when sat in them. All the dash n switchgear was identical and FWD is wrong for a sports car.

She went better than the car did.

You cannot win with The Press. We also sold Mitsubishis, Japan’s premier car maker. The 3000GT was an incredible car. Went like fuck, utterly safe and predictable, stopped on a Yen. But The Press said it was too safe, too boring. Cunts. Along with the 300XZ twin turbo Nissan it offered serious on road performance and ability for the same price as some 230CE shitbox.

"Japan's premier car maker"

Lol you're just being silly now.