Lorry shite

brammy777

Posted Image

My old man used to drive one of these, probably on the verge of it being brand new. Hauled window frames and doors for John Carr in Doncaster back in '84. I remember sitting on his lap doing the steering around the yard looking for his load.

(As an aside, the last car he owned before he popped his clogs was a proper shite Chrysler Alpine in red :D )

My brother followed in his footsteps and the last place he worked still had one of these parked in the corner which they used at times as a shunter.

Proper trucks they are 8)

The wheel layout on that Cargo and Bedford is one you don't see anymore.The arrangment is known as a 'Chinese Six'. Don't know why. Does anyone out there in Shiteland :?::?:

The wheel layout on that Cargo and Bedford is one you don't see anymore.The arrangment is known as a 'Chinese Six'. Don't know why. Does anyone out there in Shiteland :?::?:

That's to stop the front axle becoming overloaded, you can see why the Ford cargo has that arrangement having that bloody great hiab crane type device on the front, and I believe it was popular on lorries like the Bedford TK brewery dray where loads tend to be not made all in one go, if during a delivery round most of the load was first taken off the rear end of the load area the front axle would be overloaded. I think that's pretty well it, unless we have any lorry driving shiters out there that know any different!That's a great site by the way :D

I've definitely looked at that site before, it's in my bookmarks. It's right up my street!

You may download any image for personal or non-commercial use only.YOU MAY NOT DOWNLOAD ANY PICTURE FROM THIS WEB SITE TO BE USED ON YOUTUBE OR FACEBOOK.

Does Autoshite count?? :D