Needs a thread of its own!

pandamonium

Think I'd only fancy an early VDP with the electro-woman stuck somewhere behind the ashtray..

I always imagine her to look like this..

Posted Image

"Fuel Level Low" followed by "I am a humanoid...a machine

made to destroy the world..."

I actually quite like the styling of Maestros. Quite distinctive despite the usual Austin Rover parts bin raiding in places. I've only ever driven an MG flavoured one which was very suprisingly fast and a van derivative which was just dire. I don't think I'd have a great desire to own one unless it was a MG version.

My bro had a D plate MG which he and I "tinkered" with, until it became possibly the scariest thing I had ever driven (at that point). Bigger injectors, Janspeed, K & N etc etc. No work on the brakes tho', thats for girls!It was white too, so looked not unlike a large suppository. :shock:

Nippyrunner Around

Just what I need :DI had a white (and rust) 1.3 pov job on a J. I got it for 50pounds with 5 months T+T and a full tank! I bought it from my boss whose wife would no longer be seen in it. I ran it for 18 months and spent nothing on it at all. Good value motor.I pulled out the rear seats and it made a great van: I once got 30 folding chairs and six trestle tables in the back!!!Four-on-the-floor FTW :D

Is it good or bad.... you decide!

Build quality was variable - from utter shite grot boxes to acceptable

Mechanical reliability was also variable from crap to brilliant

Looks was a personal choice, personally I loved my beige one, but would have prefered one in Nightfire red

However you look at it though, they did the job they were designed to do, transport people & things and tow well and with the minimum of fuss (except breaking down, or bits dropping off, or people pointing and laughing at you)

Posted Image

Would I have another? Oh Yes :D

I wouldnt mind a van, but i don't find the hatch very apealing at all. Although i did spot a dark blue early mg version the other day with the sripey alloys which look pretty nice.

The MG was at it's best with the 2.0 as the 1.6,although looked good, was pathetic as a Hot Hatch. Two of my friends had them and the bodywork area that hold the rear suspension in dissolved on both of them :shock: (thankfully spotted by MOT inspector rather than the Police officer who would have otherwise scraped them up off the carriageway). Roomy motor, not bad to drive but tin-worm paradise unfortunatelyWhy was the 1.3 always slated as being unreliable? It contained the A-series 1275 unit from the mini IIRC and these were usually very tough and quite economical...