Woody's Volvo V70 - (not-)Starting to frustrate

w00dy

Thanks chaps. It's a Mexican Fiesta which was bought as part of Three's £3 small Pizza Monday deal, tried the cheeseburger pizza last week and was unimpressed. Got an upgrade to medium because they'd managed to lose the first one somehow. My girlfriend has the other half for her lunch.

Afraid it's not too exciting, but I've always fancied one.

Thanks chaps. It's a Mexican Fiesta which was bought as part of Three's £3 small Pizza Monday deal, tried the cheeseburger pizza last week and was unimpressed. Got an upgrade to medium because they'd managed to lose the first one somehow. My girlfriend has the other half for her lunch.

Afraid it's not too exciting, but I've always fancied one.

I went straight to the bottom of the thread and thought you'd purchased a Mexican Fiesta!

it blew up about 100 miles later. The pizza was somewhat more successful.

Surely this is tempting fate..... 

Pizzashite wise, dominos really can't hold a candle to any proper local place that does real Kebab pizzas (if you wouldn't order a kebab from them anyway, why would you want their efforts on your pizza?). Unfortunately now we live near the high street its only chains within walking distance.

Hopefully the car won't be quite as grim on the inside as a decent kebab house :s

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! ANOTHER VOLVO ESTATE!!!!!!!!

YESSSSS...

Anyway. I feel hapy that others now have fellow Volvos, in better shape, and with better wheels and probably better everything.... except the underside because unused London car sitting in driveway for 16 years.

May Lord Chod pour out his blessings of used oil on you as you travel to your homestead, good sir.

• 2 months later...

So the Volvo has been behaving itself very well and has been everything I could want, wuick, comfortable and spacious. 28mpg is less than I'd like, but you can't have it all.

The cold killed off the battery, so I bought a fancy new Bosch

SmXmHsZ.jpg

L7Lf05h.jpg

Which meant normal service was resumed.

Until this week when it cut out in a less than ideal place and wouldn't restart. recovery came, but due to the location there wasn't much diagnosis. No RPM signal was what the recovery guy reckoned and he suggested it might be the crank sensor. So I ordered one from ECP, but it turned out to be the wrong part. A little research has me questioning whether this is the solution though. Any thoughts and experiences are much appreciated. Unhelpfully I have to work on it in the street since my drive is too steep and narrow to have any hope of putting it back, but it's a fairly quiet road at least.