Harpenden Classics on the Common EDIT: OMG TAGORA CONTENT!!1

garethj

2NITE - GR8 4, well, seeing loads of old stuff really. I went last year and would sell my soul for a 1928 Bentley, but it's also a good place for seeing regular stuff from the 60s, 70s and 80s.I'm meeting a friend who'll be there with his Tatra, if anyone else is around it would be good to put a name to a face. Give me a bell on 07710 532614 and we can arrange a secret rendezvous at a beige Marina or something 8)

2NITE - GR8 4, well, seeing loads of old stuff really. I went last year and would sell my soul for a 1928 Bentley, but it's also a good place for seeing regular stuff from the 60s, 70s and 80s.I'm meeting a friend who'll be there with his Tatra, if anyone else is around it would be good to put a name to a face. Give me a bell on 07710 532614 and we can arrange a secret rendezvous at a beige Marina or something 8)

Make that rendezvous at a beige Minx Estate :wink:

my week day digs are in Harpenden - it's a great afternoon out hopefully the weather will improve. I was going to take the '55 moggy but she is getting a new gearbox so I'm not going at all now - I'll be in our office in Lincs instead - worse luck!

Met a guy this afternoon who was going to the gig at Harpenden in a 1924 Bean car... No, I'd never heard of them either! WHAT A CAR! He was impressed with my Wartburg, which I was filling at the same forecourt, but then again his was CLASS whereas the Wartburg's shite!Andrew353w

I waited around Seth's car a few times but no signs of life, it's the first time I've seen it and it looks cool :D Tagora was spot on, superbly presented, the blurb in the window said it was 1 of 3 SX models left!Think I spent most of the evening sheltering from the rain in my mate's Tatra 97 :roll:

I got there about 7.20, Tagora must have gone by then, couple of lovely VX4/90's though, Chevette HS2300 and very yello Dauphine. Really should have taken a note of Garethj's mobile number, Seth was obviously wandering round doing his David Bailey bit, did'nt see him. Weather was a bit crappy, but plenty there, no fun on your own though, and my current lack of health forced an 8.15 departure. Bugger.Next one 5/8/09, hopefully the weather will be better.

I converted to back of the Hillman into a play area was in that until about 4.30 then went for a half hour wander with ickle_Seth then was back in the back of the car 'til probably 7ish. It can be difficult to "find" people there though! Gareth, which Tatra was the 97? The blue one?Anyone else see the late '30s (?) Alfa 6C that rolled by late on? I went hunting but don't know where it parked.

I had an identical one of these;

Posted Image

for about 2 years. A220 JCC. Sold it to a 'restorer' who paid and said he'd be back for it. When he turned up with was with a dog-rough old Cargo and a Hiab. I was not impressed, but there wasn't much I could do about it.

Bastards, I tell ya. Sweetest 2.8i I've heard, and immaculate Recaros (which he through a doggy old seatbelt over when he strapped it down.

About the only car I've ever been close to tears to see going.