1980 Dolomite 1300

MrDuke

SOLD, muthaflippers.

So, I'm moving house tomorrow, and losing storage for the Dolomite. I probably could find somewhere else to keep it, but then there'd be even less chance of me doing anything to it. Frankly it needs an owner with the skills and attitude to put it back into use, instead of rotting away while I think about pulling my finger out.

Good:

It ran fine until I snapped the choke cable, then nicked the battery for another car, then forgot to put it back.... that was about a year ago. I can't see why it wouldn't run fine again.

Walnut dash (from an SE?) and proper vinyl seats (from an HL?)

Newish screen and radiator.

Bad:

Rusty, rusty, rusty. The driver's side outer sill and diaphragm are totally shot (the owners' club sells good quality repros), one of the A-pillars needs some surgery, there's a big hole in the boot floor, and a couple of small holes in the footwell. The bootlid and one rear door will also need patches.

Rear brakes appear to be stuck, although I haven't tried hitting them with hammers (yet).

A bit damp and mouldy inside.

Car is in Anglesey, and obviously you'll need a trailer.

I'd like £300 for it, but I'm open to sensible offers. I'm also happy for trusted $hiters to pay by instalments or whatever - I'm more concerned with getting it moved on than getting instant cash.

RslveU9l.jpg

kXSxVAYl.jpg

bIERZugl.jpg

3EviIIQl.jpg

tQEAhtQl.jpg

D5TW7ESl.jpg

So1gPDLl.jpg

ma2IQqkl.jpg

tpNRsySl.jpg

E6QNNNul.jpg

uD12uFDl.jpg

JD0VBPYl.jpg

EFA

That looks rougher than Pol Pot’s past.

Who’s selling it? They need a proper kicking.

Yeah, it actually looked approximately 500 times nicer when I bought it. Turns out that leaving a 70s BL car parked up outdoors within sight of the Irish Sea is a really, really bad idea. WHO KNEW?!?!

The A pillar stuff is common to about 89% of all smoll Triumphs.

The same goes for the boot lid, not hard to get a replacement if truly knackered.

Sill and associated gubbins also hugely common, the TDC do indeed do some ace replacements and it is pretty straightforward to do.

The rear 1/4 section by the boot lid is unusual but not that bad.

By the 3 rear vents, I have had worse, it's just a faff leaning over the car to do it. Looks very saveable. 

The worst by far is the boot floor. The TDC only do a partial panel for the O/S section, which I have. The tank well was pretty crusty when I had it. It might be best to cut the section out and replace with flat sheet and have another fuel tank set up. Maybe, maybe not. 

The rest is pretty much gravy for these.

The A pillar stuff is common to about 89% of all smoll Triumphs.

The same goes for the boot lid, not hard to get a replacement if truly knackered.

Sill and associated gubbins also hugely common, the TDC do indeed do some ace replacements and it is pretty straightforward to do.

The rear 1/4 section by the boot lid is unusual but not that bad.

By the 3 rear vents, I have had worse, it's just a faff leaning over the car to do it. Looks very saveable. 

The worst by far is the boot floor. The TDC only do a partial panel for the O/S section, which I have. The tank well was pretty crusty when I had it. It might be best to cut the section out and replace with flat sheet and have another fuel tank set up. Maybe, maybe not. 

The rest is pretty much gravy for these.

So have you been the nutter who saved me from destruction on this one Ken?

I was expecting to read that you'd lifted this!!

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

I'm desperately trying not get extra storage. Otherwise I'll fall into the trap of many cars and even less time with nothing finished! I was extremely tempted to make an exception for this though.

If I had a large barn, it would have already been filled with a Skoda Estelle, DAF 66, a rotten 1100 (not the purple one), a VP Allegro, the Jag XJ6 I had and this + several other Dolomites! Yeah I can see how extra storage can get out of hand in no time...

The tank's only held in place by 4 bolts - as long as there's access to the drain plug, something simple could be botched together fabricated, surely?