Allegro gone. No cash 2nite m8. See 6cyl for updates. Thread over

D Spares & Tyres

I picked this up a while agopost-19511-0-38965800-1544356601_thumb.jpg

No idea why though. I suppose it was winter and I was bored. Oh and it was free, but it did cost a bit to pick it up.

I always fancied another Allegro but let's face it, this will never get done. Too many other projects in the queue.

I did put it on Gumtree but you wouldn't believe the amounts of plonkers it attracted.

It's very solid. Bad paintwork. Good engine, good tyres. Dented door. Auto box dead. Oh and the engine and box are removed ready for you...

Free to a shiter. Any newly signed up shiters who may want it will have to prove to me that they are a genuine enthusiast as I could weigh it in myself but any longstanding shiters please take it away. I can't currently deliver, but you are welcome to borrow my trailer. It has a good winch.

Tyres are all up and it rolled freely last year so it should this year, but if not then I'll free the brakes off so it'll be easily pushable as it doesn't weigh much.

Located near Ludlow, Shropshire.

Hey Mr Spares. I'm still interested in this but of course I still need to get my other former Ludlow resident finished first before I can commit 100%. I was hoping to come up sometime this year to have a peak and check its within my capabilities but life has been a bit busy to have enough time to go over.

No idea how long it'll take for me to get the 1100 done but I'm hoping I'll finish early next year. Weather dependent really. Can totally understand if you want this to disappear before then though. Hopefully someone on here will save it if that has to happen.

Sorry You didn't get back to me and then I forgot about You wanting it.

I just want it gone really, I've got too much junk in the yard. It's not been such an issue in the summer but now all the greenery is dying back everything is more visible.

I did just give lankytim first dibs but I suppose technically you had first dibs from a while back...

I completely hadn't realised it was over a month ago since last spoke. I'm totally loosing track of time at the moment.

I can't commit to having it and it would be utterly unfair to expect you to keep it any longer waiting. I'm trying hard not to get extra storage otherwise it'll get out of control and I'll end up with 4+ projects in waiting.

Anyway I don't even like them that much! It was only going to be a surprise for the FiL as he loves them. But can't afford a working one nor has skills or tools to restore one. However he'll get use of my 1100 when it's done and possibly a long term lone ... leaving room for something else for me to work on!

It's not getting weighed in by me. Part of the reason I got it is that I scrapped a really nice Allegro years ago but it was before I discovered ebay and it wasn't worth much anyway. I still feel bad about that car now. I scrapped a good Cortina at the same time too.

Guess what everyone? I can't take this because I still have that Chevrolet clogging up my driveway! Sorry everyone. 

Yeah, but if you dropped the Chev off at mine (£100, all in) you could do a round robin to D.Spare's and collect the Allegro on the way. It's a no lose situation.