Annual Migration - The Ongoing Adventures of a 740

rml2345

So as you'll be no doubt aware by now, I'm the purchaser of the current Autoshite Volvo 740 estate bike thus removing another of these fine machines from circulation.

Sorry about that.

Unsurprisingly this has been in the making for some time. Undeterred by failing to win the Bucketeer Roffle (and missing out on it before that) I contacted Mr. Tickman of 7, Dundeeish offering coin in exchange for it provided the imminent MOT was passed without too much hassle. Being a kind sort he'd lent it back to Bucketeer in the interim so we put it on hold.

Time passed until yesterday and the news that it's still in Englandlandland without test and without time for Tickman to collect.

"I still fancy that". Never mind the 50 hour weeks or that it's nearly Christmas. Nor that it's still 300 odd miles away without test. So a plan was formed and within 10 minutes of going up I'd agreed to fetch it and bring it to SVM headquarters in Volvograd.

Which is why I'm sitting in my parents house at 0540 on a Sunday morning awaiting FATHA_RML who has agreed to participate in this idiocy. With day insurance arranged and an MOT in Paisley booked we leave at 0600.

TL:DR The SVM are at it again.

I also have to travel to meet you, ok ,ok so it's 2 miles.

The question is which car do you want me to turn up in, Jaguar S Type black or Alfa 156 V6 black? 

This is a problem I am now facing on a daily basis as I like them both and they both work!

PS Stop off in Birmingham, Jump start Heidel_Kakao Citroen XM, bring it down to me!

Don't forget to wave as you go past gate 11 - or T7 if you're using the toll road!

GOOD TO SEE YOU!

I also have to travel to meet you, ok ,ok so it's 2 miles.

The question is which car do you want me to turn up in, Jaguar S Type black or Alfa 156 V6 black?

This is a problem I am now facing on a daily basis as I like them both and they both work!

PS Stop off in Birmingham, Jump start Heidel_Kakao Citroen XM, bring it down to me!

What a choice! If I'd known sooner about the Heidel_Kakao XM I'd happily have brought it down too... Always fancied a shot in one of those.

ThatBitOnTheM6NoOneCanRemember Viaduct.

attachicon.gifDSC_0143.JPG

Oh, I remember that bit of the M6! That was where the exhaust note of my MR2 understandably changed, in sync with one of the tailpipes falling off and visibly bouncing down the northbound carriageway behind me in front of 3 lanes of cars (fortunately, all over 200 yards behind me, so I was fairly confident that it had stopped bouncing by the time they reached it).

I added a good half hour on a journey to Scotland, turning around at the next junction, going back, turning round again and checking the northbound side to see if

1: there was any evidence that I might have 'inconvenienced' someone also travelling north and

2: there was any chance of me recovering said tailpipe and practising my welding on it (ahem, again)

Alas, it was gone for ever.

Probably for the best.

PS Sorry for the thread deviation.

Chodspeed, good sirs, in your honourable endeavour.