Take Five: sounding better

Ghosty

Do not cycle underneath lorry.

It's fine, I've survived. The traffic is worse in Manchester, as the streets there are paved with buses instead of a more typical tar-based surface.

I've just left the absolutely bloody massive Waterloo station for Basingstoke:9ef56f6dea1d3f66129db7d8e3adfb90.jpg

Sorry Bramz, I got lost! Needed to stop and get set up anyway. I'm now at some services on the A34 outside Oxford. Coffee time, and I'll find some dinner later.

Observations: it's a very easy car to drive both sensibly and stupidly (not hard to keep off boost, and the boost gauge is useful), but the throttle pedal is a bit heavy. I'd quite like to fit cruise but I'm not sure it's necessary.

It's comfy.

Drivers heated seat doesn't appear to work (oh well).

12v socket is slightly iffy but tolerable.

Radio is not the PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM. The power/volume knob is tired and the left and right speaker channels are unreliable. I'll get a PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM.

The lambda light has come on, which according to the user guide means 'electrical fault'. I'll investigate that.

The seller's father told me the seller was irked slightly, as he'd had three further offers on the car since I put a deposit on it. Including one for £2500.

No traction control.

The a/c works!

Also, included with the car were a few replacement rear light lenses - it's had new ones - the originals had been sprayed with lacquer or something, triggering an MOT advisory. These were duly replaced, but wrong ones were sent the first time, then two sets of correct ones. I have these now, score.

New top mounts and shocks on the front.

The Pirellis are from 2015!

New rear discs (and a caliper)

New battery.

What a fucking score.