Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
For Sale

Mazda 323 Turbo 4x4 £1000

For Sale

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sickboy

sickboy

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 46 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationPortsmouth/South West

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:39 PM

I'm sure we've all done it. Convince yourself that its a good idea to buy another project, that you'll get round to it shortly and its the one and only, must-buy car of the century. Only then, after the dust settles, that "what have I done?" moment kicks in, you realise that despite all good intentions and wishful thinking, the sad reality is you simply won't have the time and money to ever do it justice.
This Mazda is just that. I have decided I'd rather see it go to someone else who will restore it into the former 80's turbo icon it once was, instead of see it deteriorate further in my ownership as it stares longingly at me everything I step around it.

Good points:
Totally original, complete, v5 in my name, 84k miles, new turbo fitted (receipts here) prior to being taken off the road in 2003, interior is really good, very rare car indeed - 78 in the UK if How Many Left is to be believed.

Bad points:
Rusty, will need welding underneath, backs of sills, arches, spare wheel well, sunroof is really bad(!) and probably other areas too. Its by no means too far gone, but its a 80's Japanese car that's been sat since 2003, so please bear this in mind.
Paint and body work is bad, with widespread scratches throughout and numerous dinks and dents.
Doesn't start, but turns over and gets spark. Could be stale fuel.
One set of keys

More pics available on request, but I'd rather anyone interested came and saw it for themselves to make their own mind up about it. Car is near Yeovil in Somerset
PM me if you are genuinely interested
£1000 or exceedingly near offer

IMG_1797.JPG
IMG_1798.JPG
IMG_1796.JPG
IMG_1799.JPG
IMG_1800.JPG
  • Barry Cade., Skizzer, ProgRocker and 9 others like this

#2 OFFLINE   loserone

loserone

Leaf blower

• Full Members
  • 2,935 posts
  • 42 thanks
  • Locationbehind the tree

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:11 PM

Phwaorrr.

Not my project, but I love these.

405 with no head, Leaf, 206 GTI with a knackered axle, Legacy H6 Spec B.  '95 e34 518i incoming.

#3 OFFLINE   SRi05

SRi05

• Full Members
  • 568 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:06 AM

Posted this in the wrong forum buddy so might not get as much attention, sure one of the mods will move it

#4 OFFLINE   sickboy

sickboy

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 46 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:41 AM

Good spot!!
Could one of the mods move it please?
  • Cavcraft likes this

#5 OFFLINE   SmokinWaffle

SmokinWaffle

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 69 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:48 PM

Phwaorrr.

Not my project, but I love these.

Literally exactly what I came here to say - almost word for word. 4x4, turbo, hatchback, tiny. The definition of pocket rocket.

#6 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 12,806 posts
  • 38 thanks

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:47 PM

I had one of these, back before the prices for '80s hot hatches went daft.  Mine had overboosting issues which was frustrating when trying to drive it enthusiastically, but even so I can confirm that they are enormous fun, and can go round wet roundabouts at really quite silly speeds.

#7 ONLINE   Bucketeer

Bucketeer

• Full Members
  • 3,189 posts
  • 27 thanks

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:04 PM

I don't have the money or skills for this, but I just wanted to say that Sickboy is a thoroughly nice chap and a pleasure to deal with. Buy with confidence.
  • djimbob likes this

#8 OFFLINE   sickboy

sickboy

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 46 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:11 PM

I don't have the money or skills for this, but I just wanted to say that Sickboy is a thoroughly nice chap and a pleasure to deal with. Buy with confidence.

Nah, I’m an absolutely prick really Alex

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users