Collection fail

Ghosty

I think I may have already guessed what this is, so keeping schtum.

Good luck. I think.

I am headed in your direction actually.

It's potential as it's sight unseen and I only enquired about it this morning having seen it on the Bay late last night while drunk. This can only go well.

FAIL, it was a dog. Sounded good on paper but the guy had been liberal with the truth.

It was this:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302980615219

a '90 Accord 2.0i (EX?).

The guy looked to be a mechanic and a bit of a dodgy geezer - he had a very questionably modified Rover 420 Turbo, and a Berlingo on banded steels with stretched tyres that was ostensibly his works van. He claimed he received the Accord as part of a package deal with a pop up light Integra and wanted it gone.

The photos are not at all recent, supposedly the bodywork was good bar a single scratch - but it was totally fucked. The paint was full of deep scratches and chips down to the metal, the rear arch trailing edges had blown through the paint, there seemed to be wob in the arches, the headlamp washers were both smashed, one wing was dented, the rear quarter had a dent that had broken the paint and rusted, the rear light had cracked around the key slot for the tailgate, none of the tyres matched (part worns?), and the aerial surround was missing so easy for water to get in.

The interior wasn't much better, the seat was tilted massively far back, the passenger seat was full of cigarette burns, the ashtray was dirty, the cigarette lighter was disconnected in the glovebox and there were a load of large melt marks below it - and the bottom of the console had been bodged with a piece of black acrylic (edit: this seems to be factory? looked shit). So either an electrical fault or someone had dropped the hot lighter in it.
The rubber had fallen off the key as well (go figure).
The steering wheel, gear lever and handbrake were absolutely hanging, covered in a thick black sticky substance - presumably old oil etc.
There was no evidence of the service history.
Under the bonnet was a disaster. Supposedly the car had a new cambelt and water pump.
The crankshaft end seal had blown.
The rocker cover gasket was hanging out of the front of the block.
The headgasket was leaking oil.
The oil was black.
The oil filler cap was seized on.

It was a hopeless piece of shit that got run into the ground by some feckless idiot.
I'm disappointed, but the car was nothing like the description or the photos.

God help anyone that bids on it.

FAIL, it was a dog. Sounded good on paper but the guy had been liberal with the truth.

It was this:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302980615219

a '90 Accord 2.0i (EX?).

The guy looked to be a mechanic and a bit of a dodgy geezer - he had a very questionably modified Rover 420 Turbo, and a Berlingo on banded steels with stretched tyres that was ostensibly his works van. He claimed he received the Accord as part of a package deal with a pop up light Integra and wanted it gone.

The photos are not at all recent, supposedly the bodywork was good bar a single scratch - but it was totally fucked. The paint was full of deep scratches and chips down to the metal, the rear arch trailing edges had blown through the paint, there seemed to be wob in the arches, the headlamp washers were both smashed, one wing was dented, the rear quarter had a dent that had broken the paint and rusted, the rear light had cracked around the key slot for the tailgate, none of the tyres matched (part worns?), and the aerial surround was missing so easy for water to get in.

The interior wasn't much better, the seat was tilted massively far back, the passenger seat was full of cigarette burns, the ashtray was dirty, the cigarette lighter was disconnected in the glovebox and there were a load of large melt marks below it - and the bottom of the console had been bodged with a piece of black acrylic. So either an electrical fault or someone had dropped the hot lighter in it.

The rubber had fallen off the key as well (go figure).

The steering wheel, gear lever and handbrake were absolutely hanging, covered in a thick black sticky substance - presumably old oil etc.

There was no evidence of the service history.

Under the bonnet was a disaster. Supposedly the car had a new cambelt and water pump.

The crankshaft end seal had blown.

The rocker cover gasket was hanging out of the front of the block.

The headgasket was leaking oil.

The oil was black.

The oil filler cap was seized on.

It was a hopeless piece of shit that got run into the ground by some feckless idiot.

I'm disappointed, but the car was nothing like the description or the photos.

God help anyone that bids on it.

This is why I just don't bother with anything outwith this forum now, what a waste of your time

Aftermarket wheels, photo in a neutral location, dodgy bird in passenger seat, spare wheel uncaringly plonked on the boot carpet. Radio tuned into radio 1.

There's another clue in the listing...

attachicon.gifasclue.jpg

One key, nothing else, tells me it's a dealer or straight from the block.

All bad signs!

I like the old giffers by the Micra though. I bet they are still talking about the Honda owner right now. "He was up to no good you know" "yes, you are right, we should call the Police" "he was probably selling drugs. Young lad like that in a big flash automobile" "that dead crow is probably full of drugs,its a drug deal I tell you"